I am angry, and require assistance!

• Thread starter Rebelyellz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelyellz

DONNIE
Reaction score
Damm it a hard disicion to pick out a new 6 string electric guitar!Gibson,Fender,Ibanez,ESP,Schecter?These are the brands im down too!Then again buy online,new,used,from a dealer,setup or not,taxes or not!This might of already been on here.But id like to spent my money wisely!Have we all been though this!?Les Pauls and Fender FSR all in black is my top picks!After this i have to pic out a amp!A man i know says the new fender dec15 will work!What A damm HEADACHE I have over all of this!HELP!!! DONNIE

Esteemed colleagues and friends,

I am having a trifle of a time deciding which new six string electric guitar to purchase. I have looked at such brands as Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP and Schecter, for these are the brands that I prefer. I am simply overwhelmed by the options available to me! I can buy online new, or purchase from a dealer. I can also do these same things with a used instrument, and even then I am not sure if I'd care to include a setup, let alone if I would do well to avoid higher tax rates. This may have been inquired about before, however I am posting again because I would like to make an informed decision. Additionally, guitars by Fender and LSR are makes that I am very much considering.

Once I have made my purchase, I will also require an amplifier. A gentleman whom I am acquainted with has recommended the new Fender DEC15. All of this decision making has left me quite confused, and I beseech you all to lend me any advice you may have to aid me in making the proper decision.

Keep strumming!

- Donnie

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelyellz

DONNIE
Reaction score
FYI This posted before i could check the spelling. DONNIE

Mid Misery here. DONNIE

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Start by making a list of what you NEED out of a new guitar... scale length, number of frets, pickup config, desired tone, trem vs. hardtail, etc.

that will narrow down the choices considerably.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
...this is like, the most broad topic ever. Do some research on guitars and then see where you can get it cheapest.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What Ken said. :agreed: Also, when using a long list of comma-separated items, it's WAY easier to read if you put a space after each comma, like this,instead of,you know,almost,sort of,maybe a little like,well,this.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Personally, i'm a fan of these... and these, but there are a LOT of guitars out there, so it helps to narrow things down a bit. ;)

If you're looking at black Les Paul type guitars, Ibanez has a few that might fit the bill as well:

ADC120

SZ320

ART100

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
My suggestions.. If you like Les paul / PRS style.. Ibanez SZ520 no question... and if you like RG/dinky style, Ibanez RGT42DXFM no question =]

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if you like the LP/PRS style, pick up an ESP EC or PRS singlecut.

if you want a superstrat, schecter C-1, ibanez SZ, jackson dinky. DONE>

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damm it a hard disicion to pick out a new 6 string electric guitar!Gibson,Fender,Ibanez,ESP,Schecter?These are the brands im down too!Then again buy online,new,used,from a dealer,setup or not,taxes or not!This might of already been on here.But id like to spent my money wisely!Have we all been though this!?Les Pauls and Fender FSR all in black is my top picks!After this i have to pic out a amp!A man i know says the new fender dec15 will work!What A damm HEADACHE I have over all of this!HELP!!! DONNIE

I am having a trifle of a time deciding which new six string electric guitar to purchase. I have looked at such brands as Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP and Schecter, for these are the brands that I prefer. I am simply overwhelmed by the options available to me! I can buy online new, or purchase from a dealer. I can also do these same things with a used instrument, and even then I am not sure if I'd care to include a setup, let alone if I would do well to avoid higher tax rates. This may have been inquired about before, however I am posting again because I would like to make an informed decision. Additionally, guitars by Fender and LSR are makes that I am very much considering.

Once I have made my purchase, I will also require an amplifier. A gentleman whom I am acquainted with has recommended the new Fender DEC15. All of this decision making has left me quite confused, and I beseech you all to lend me any advice you may have to aid me in making the proper decision.

- Donnie

:yesway:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What Ken said. :agreed: Also, when using a long list of comma-separated items, it's WAY easier to read if you put a space after each comma, like this,instead of,you know,almost,sort of,maybe a little like,well,this.

That's how my girlfriend talks. :lol:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score

Keep strumming!

- Donnie

Best. Edit. Ever.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Carvin. The California Carved Tops are excellent LP/PRS type guitars.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Carvins are pricey though, even used and in horrible condition fetchs like $400-500.. I still say Ibanez SZ520 or RGT42's, two best guitars for the price imo

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Or if you don't have a hard-on for blue quilted tops like Nick Cormier does, go for the SZ320. It's pretty sexay, doesn't have the goofy "flaming diamond" inlay, and is available in classic black (with binding) or an oiled mahogany finish.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Carvins are pricey though, even used and in horrible condition fetchs like $400-500.. I still say Ibanez SZ520 or RGT42's, two best guitars for the price imo

There wasn't much mention of price, was there? Since he was looking at Gibsons and Fenders, I figured his price range would be in Carvin range.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Carvins are pricey though, even used and in horrible condition fetchs like $400-500..

And that's a bad thing?

Compared to what you shell out for a carvin ordered from their site, i'd gladly pay 400-500 for a used one. Hell, i'd gladly pay full price for the options and quality that a Carvin offers (Seeing how I just ordered a bass from them)

And Carvin > Ibanez

')