I built a guitar...(56k, go home!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
im thinking of doing a RGT7 also, with a neck from Doug at Soulmateguitars.. I migh even do a carvin neck but they only do DC727 headstocks and ehh i dunno how it'd fit =[

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
the idea of the slanted pup is to stop the neck pup getting muddy, as you can see its closer to the bridge too.
Looks nice, but I'm not really into the slanted neck PU thing - simply for aesthetic reasons. However, if you do the slant for tonal reasons, you'd want the neck PU slanted the other way, to avoid the low notes turning to mush, whilst retaining high note warmth and body.

The Rusty Cooley slant is there simply because it's the only way you can fit a neck EMG with the extreme cutaway on his guitars...

Cheers

Eske

Reaction score
Wow looks great. How does cocobolo compare to ebony?

very similar :)

and about hte slant, as you can see, the bass side is further away than a normal neck pup, so that reduces the mudd there, and i want the treble to be slanted s get more bite :hbang:

FortePenance

Reaction score
very similar :)

and about hte slant, as you can see, the bass side is further away than a normal neck pup, so that reduces the mudd there, and i want the treble to be slanted s get more bite :hbang:

you'd lose some legato tones then wouldn't you? I would agree with Pablo, the slant the other way to give the bottom strings more grit whereas the top strings have legato tones.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the most amazing piece of wood i've ever seen..........
S5000146.jpg

LEWY7777777

Reaction score
im thinking of doing a RGT7 also, with a neck from Doug at Soulmateguitars.. I migh even do a carvin neck but they only do DC727 headstocks and ehh i dunno how it'd fit =[

You can have a premade uncut undrilled headstock on your carvin custom shop fabbed neck & neckthru.

Nickmilne: Spectacular , amazing work -good job!

')