I can't believe the new Linkin Park

• Thread starter CL7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digital Black

Reaction score
:noway:
Still a ways to go. If they stop rapping in every song, they wouldn't sound so alike.
They are probably changing the guitars becasue they realize they crap isn't selling as much and radio rotation is down..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think its as horrible as always. More screaming doesnt = better music.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
LMAO at the dumbasses judging tone from a fuckin' youtube video.

bulb

Reaction score
wow...that was lame
the first few seconds were decent, and given that i cant stand their music normally, i was really willing to give it a shot. I keep telling myself that maybe if the lyrics werent visible while the one dude was "rapping" maybe i wouldnt have hated it so much...but lets be honest now, we all know it sucks anyways!

(imho of course, but if you disagree you probably deserve a painful death)
(i was just joking, death is not a good thing to wish on anyone)

(or is it?)

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought the intro was pretty decent, compared to their usual crap. But as soon as the rapping comes on I just stopped it. I just can't stand rap in metal.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
i liked hybrid theory, though maybe cuz the last time i heard it i was 15 or 16, but this is way better than the meteora stuff. all except chester sounding even more emo when he tries to sing. i give em props for at least not going synth DJ mixed slow songs. this is at least more stright forward err umm "rock"

Mawdyson said:
But as soon as the wrapping comes on I just stopped it.
i hate cd wrapping as well, that shit is hard to get off. then when you do theres still sticky shit all on the case:wallbash:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I didn't like it. It sounds pretty much the same as any of their other stuff. The lyrics are pretty cheesy, yeah, but if the music was cool, that'd make up for it. I bought "Hybrid Theory" when it came out and I liked about half of the songs on there, but the insane overplaying of "In The End" made it hard for me to listen to that album anymore. I ended up selling it to a pawn shop.

And, yeah, I figured out In The End on the guitar after the first time I heard it. Very very easy.

Mawdyson said:
But as soon as the wrapping comes on I just stopped it. I just can't stand rap in metal.

I know. I mean wrapping on stage? That's something you do at home in the privacy of your room in preparation for Christmas or a birthday, not in front of a paying crowd. :nono:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
hmmm, i don't mind it, Its a step forward and a step back. Just like their last album, i have nothing against the rapping linkin park do, i think they'rea unique band, a bit cliche and cheesy, and their music is easy to relate too and pretty groovy which i thinks cool. Just, i dunno, keep the rapping but cut it down. Mike shinoda can sing, so i wish he'd do more of it. He's got a pretty bad ass sorta voice. Oh wells, i'll get the album either way, if all the songs are as good as this :agreed: tis not bad

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
It sounded like they were really trying to raise the intensity level, but even though it was heavier than before it never really went anywhere. What I liked about Linkin Park was their ability to take you somewhere in their songs. There would always be a climax. This song didn't have one. Just like sex without a climax, it left me quite disappointed and musically blue-balled. I think I need some Meshuggah now....

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Remember that this song isn't finished, and they write it a few days before they performed. I was reading an interview with mike shinoda the day talking about it, apparently they made it on the flight to japan, which is where they performed the song. I think it has potential, but then again, who knows lol. Apparently the DJ guy left?!?!?!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
Remember that this song isn't finished, and they write it a few days before they performed. I was reading an interview with mike shinoda the day talking about it, apparently they made it on the flight to japan, which is where they performed the song. I think it has potential, but then again, who knows lol. Apparently the DJ guy left?!?!?!

The best thing do when you havent finished a song is.. wait till you're finished writing it before you gig it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
The best thing do when you havent finished a song is.. wait till you're finished writing it before you gig it.

:agreed:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I be flowin' homes, RRRRR...NOW I'M PISSED, and now I'm sensitive.

Sounds pretty much like every other Linkin Park song I've heard. Which is to say it sucks large, hairy, syphilitic donkey balls. The guitarist should inlay this on his guitar:

recycling%20logo.gif

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm sure the studio version will sound great, since they always have pretty solid production.

I wish they'd ditch the rap shit though.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, to me that sounded like a commitee decision of:

Exec 1 - 'How do we pick up some of the fall out of this new metal trend?'

Exec 2 - 'I know, we'll have an RATM verse now they're no longer around, then we'll approximate a Trivium-ish chorus'.

</cynicism>

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never been an LP fan, but this does sound a little different.

')