I can't believe the new Linkin Park

• Thread starter CL7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the biggest problem with previous Linkin Park albums, IMHO, was the producer, because he's a very commercial producer who cuts everything to hell and makes everyone use the same amps, etc. to make sure everything sounds "radio-friendly".

This album they're working with Rick Rubin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lozek said:
Hmmmmm, to me that sounded like a commitee decision of:

Exec 1 - 'How do we pick up some of the fall out of this new metal trend?'

Exec 2 - 'I know, we'll have an RATM verse now they're no longer around, then we'll approximate a Trivium-ish chorus'.

</cynicism>

It's about as convinving as Papa Roach's oh-so-fucking-subtle attempt to 'update' their sound.

I'll bet you they start claiming they've been listening to lots of credible metal and industrial bands in interviews just to try and sound 'true'.:noplease:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it sounds okay. But seriously Mike's voice and weak tired rhymes are getting to me. Also Chester's screaming is like wtf?? lyrics dont make sense.

However i gots to say that my man brad is definitely experimenting around. sounds better than his otherwise power chords in drop C. I once met brad (around hybrid theory) and asked why the guitar tracks were just power chords - his reply was because the producers were holding him back. dude is one chilling dude though in real life.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
It's about as convinving as Papa Roach's oh-so-fucking-subtle attempt to 'update' their sound.

I'll bet you they start claiming they've been listening to lots of credible metal and industrial bands in interviews just to try and sound 'true'.:noplease:

+1

-core is big now, so expect Nu-bands to start jumping on the band-wagon ASAP. Gotta stay with the times to make the $$.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
djpharoah said:
I think it sounds okay. But seriously Mike's voice and weak tired rhymes are getting to me. Also Chester's screaming is like wtf?? lyrics dont make sense.

However i gots to say that my man brad is definitely experimenting around. sounds better than his otherwise power chords in drop C. I once met brad (around hybrid theory) and asked why the guitar tracks were just power chords - his reply was because the producers were holding him back. dude is one chilling dude though in real life.

I recall a lot of interviews in guitar magazines where he used to brag about how playing simple (i.e. boneheaded) parts was so much cooler than people who actually took the time to explore their instrument and try new things. Also remember him saying he was more into hip-hop than metal.

The riffs in that song sounded like the same monotone drek he played on all their previous songs.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
I recall a lot of interviews in guitar magazines where he used to brag about how playing simple (i.e. boneheaded) parts was so much cooler than people who actually took the time to explore their instrument and try new things. Also remember him saying he was more into hip-hop than metal.

The riffs in that song sounded like the same monotone drek he played on all their previous songs.
Yeah - I kind know where he is coming from. I too grew up with a hip-hop influence and now am trying shit like that on my 7. I dont know if I read this online or someone told me but its claimed that he will start experimenting with certain effects pedals to get his PRS to sound diffrent.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
+1

-core is big now, so expect Nu-bands to start jumping on the band-wagon ASAP. Gotta stay with the times to make the $$.
+2

It's sad but true; money is all they really care about now. :(

Digital Black

Reaction score
Lozek said:
Hmmmmm, to me that sounded like a commitee decision of:

Exec 1 - 'How do we pick up some of the fall out of this new metal trend?'

Exec 2 - 'I know, we'll have an RATM verse now they're no longer around, then we'll approximate a Trivium-ish chorus'.

</cynicism>
:lol: :agreed:
No doubt it was more like this.. that or Mr. Han who I've heard does a lot of the production..

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
The best thing do when you havent finished a song is.. wait till you're finished writing it before you gig it.

not really, alot of bands like to get it our there and see how the fans dig it, its live, its not like permanent on an album. They'll read through the forums now, see what people didn't like and what they did like. If you had a fan base as big as LP adsif you wouldn't give that a try. The more i listen to this song, the more i like it, its different, but not alot of you's will give it a try which is fair enough. I'll admit i like it, if you's don't, heres something to get your jollies off too
http://www.myspace.com/decapitatedpl

hopefully that will stop the stupid childish comments i am seeing throughout this thread now :hbang: yes i'm being shit :)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing stupid and childish is Linkin Park's music. They are another example of what happens to trend followers when the trend ends. A couple more years, and we can file them in the drawer marked "bands that don't fucking matter" next to Enuff Z' Nuff.

I'm not a big fan of Korn, but at least they had their own sound. I have absolutely no respect for a band like Linkin Park, because they don't even try to come up with their own sound. I had to put up with a bunch of annoying nu metal fans when this shit was popular, trying to tell me that the stuff I listened to was lame and dated. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Look for Nickleback to be joining them in the drawer in about three years.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:

at least papa roach stopped rapping. lp havent figured out that shit - a. was never cool. and b. is way out of style, and has been. to papa roach's credit they did sell a lot of records with their last album. even though it still blew serious ass.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
noodles said:
The only thing stupid and childish is Linkin Park's music. They are another example of what happens to trend followers when the trend ends. A couple more years, and we can file them in the drawer marked "bands that don't fucking matter" next to Enuff Z' Nuff.

I'm not a big fan of Korn, but at least they had their own sound. I have absolutely no respect for a band like Linkin Park, because they don't even try to come up with their own sound. I had to put up with a bunch of annoying nu metal fans when this shit was popular, trying to tell me that the stuff I listened to was lame and dated. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Look for Nickleback to be joining them in the drawer in about three years.

+1

Minus the catching flak from nu-metals fans.

I was too young to be caught up in the whole gen-x backwards baseball cap "dew the dew" blast the music in your honda accord as loud as fucking possible phase so I wouldn't be able to relate to having to put up with nu metal.

Digital Black

Reaction score
:yesway:
noodles said:

:agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
not really, alot of bands like to get it our there and see how the fans dig it, its live, its not like permanent on an album. They'll read through the forums now, see what people didn't like and what they did like. If you had a fan base as big as LP adsif you wouldn't give that a try. The more i listen to this song, the more i like it, its different, but not alot of you's will give it a try which is fair enough. I'll admit i like it, if you's don't, heres something to get your jollies off too
http://www.myspace.com/decapitatedpl

hopefully that will stop the stupid childish comments i am seeing throughout this thread now :hbang: yes i'm being shit :)

Nah, i wouldn't give it a try, cause as a fan of a band, i like the anticipation of a new album and wondering what its gonna sound like, et al.

And i dont know if you're being sarcastic with the Decapitated link.. but Decapitated does own just about everything.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Look for Nickleback to be joining them in the drawer in about three years.

whaaa, you don't like Nickleback either?:nuts:

in all seriousness, I can't wait until this stuff disappears, I'm just worried
what the radio stations and record companies will decide the next cash
cow is; I'm worried it will be even worse than this garbage

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
LD 50 was actually a damn good albulm.

A.) It was dynamic and interesting

B.) Gregs tone was superb. (at least in my opinion)

As far as Slipknot, I was introduced to them through the Subliminal Verses albulm, which I havn't listened to in a long time so I dunno if I would still like it.

I've absolutely hated all of their older material that I've heard though.

')