I can't believe the new Linkin Park

• Thread starter CL7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
I be flowin' homes, RRRRR...NOW I'M PISSED, and now I'm sensitive.

Lol.

Lozek said:
Hmmmmm, to me that sounded like a commitee decision of:

Exec 1 - 'How do we pick up some of the fall out of this new metal trend?'

Exec 2 - 'I know, we'll have an RATM verse now they're no longer around, then we'll approximate a Trivium-ish chorus'.

</cynicism>

Fucking :agreed:

Toshiro said:
+1

-core is big now, so expect Nu-bands to start jumping on the band-wagon ASAP. Gotta stay with the times to make the $$.

No shit. :agreed:

noodles said:
The only thing stupid and childish is Linkin Park's music. They are another example of what happens to trend followers when the trend ends. A couple more years, and we can file them in the drawer marked "bands that don't fucking matter" next to Enuff Z' Nuff.

I'm not a big fan of Korn, but at least they had their own sound. I have absolutely no respect for a band like Linkin Park, because they don't even try to come up with their own sound. I had to put up with a bunch of annoying nu metal fans when this shit was popular, trying to tell me that the stuff I listened to was lame and dated. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Look for Nickleback to be joining them in the drawer in about three years.

So motherfucking right.

Fuck you, though, Dave. I like Enuff Z'Nuff. :D

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
Nah, i wouldn't give it a try, cause as a fan of a band, i like the anticipation of a new album and wondering what its gonna sound like, et al.

And i dont know if you're being sarcastic with the Decapitated link.. but Decapitated does own just about everything.

No decapitated are awsome. I was just trying to get people talking about them instead of calling linkin park trend whores basically. The rap metal/rock thing has been done before yes, but LP have a they're own sound. :hbang:

noodles said:
I had to put up with a bunch of annoying nu metal fans when this shit was popular, trying to tell me that the stuff I listened to was lame and dated.

Well, considering hybrid theory sold some mind blowing number of records, like 10 million, the nu metal fans would have been right in saying the stuff you were listening to was dated lol. From your views on music, i'd have to say your musical tastes are lame too. Saying linkin park don't have their own sound is so wrong, when your stubborn, yes, maybe then it may sound too you like they're sound is nothing unique or they're own. Can you honestly say, your music is unique and you have your own sound, and theres no other band out there that sounds like yours? its musicial influences dude, everyone has they've own influence, if they're inspired by a certain style of music, thats their choice, we're all inspired by some music. I'd actually have a bit of respect if you said something like you don't linkin park for their music because its too easy and its been done. Instead you go into this whole money, copying whats popular shit all the time lol. Ps. Just my oppinion, not starting a bitch fest :p

includao said:
nu-metal bands? i used to like slipknot and mudvayne (LD 50) :D

i wouldn't really have considered Slipknot a nu-metal band, they were pretty heavy, i think its just they came in around the "Dark ages" of music so they were labelled that. Mudvayne are nu-metal. yes. Don't get me wrong Slipknot ain't heavy death metal, but they're music was pretty brutal. And thats metal! :hbang:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
Well, considering hybrid theory sold some mind blowing number of records, like 10 million, the nu metal fans would have been right in saying the stuff you were listening to was dated lol.

Record sales mean absolutely jack shit to me. Brittney Spears sold more albums than Linkin Park. By your reasoning, that means she writes influencial, quality music that makes almost all rock music look dated. Judge with your ears, not sales numbers.

From your views on music, i'd have to say your musical tastes are lame too. Saying linkin park don't have their own sound is so wrong, when your stubborn, yes, maybe then it may sound too you like they're sound is nothing unique or they're own. Can you honestly say, your music is unique and you have your own sound, and theres no other band out there that sounds like yours?

First off, if I'm lame, than so is the majority of the people posting in this thread right now, because there are a whole lot of people bashing Linkin Park. There is also a big difference between influences and trend following. That is why I mentioned Korn: I may not like them that much, but I won't deny that they took their influences and used them to create a sound and style that was uniquely them. Limp Bizkit then took that, and focused more on the hip-hop side of it.

Listening to Linkin Park is listening to a watered down, more commercial version of Limp Bizkit. They are not doing anything that hasn't been done before. They even changed the spelling around in their band name in a trendy way, just like Limp Bizkit. The rapping sounds completely generic. You've got your typical emoish clean vocals, and what I like to call "the commercial scream": it lacks all the brutality that would keep it off the radio and out of commercials. Ever notice that Brad Delson doesn't really talk about his influences in interviews? That is because it wouldn't look good to say, "I listen to everything Wes Borland does, take out the melodic parts, and do that."

I'd actually have a bit of respect if you said something like you don't linkin park for their music because its too easy and its been done. Instead you go into this whole money, copying whats popular shit all the time lol. Ps. Just my oppinion, not starting a bitch fest

That's because it's the truth: they just followed the trend to fame. I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't a third or fourth generation band jumping on the bandwagon. I grew up in the 80s, so I'm used to seeing this sort of thing. Motley Crue -> Poison -> Warrant -> Firehouse. See how the trend works? The nu metal scene died for the same reason the hair metal scene died: people got tired of everyone trying to be the next Korn or Limp Bizkit, just like people got tired of everyone trying to be the next Motley Crue or Def Leppard. The 80s were filled with guys who were finger tapping because it was expected, just like all those 90s bands had to have some dude back there with earphones, scratching away.

Get back to me in about five years. If you still like Linkin Park, I'll apologize for everything I said, and buy you a beer. Odds are, though, that you're going to wonder why you ever listened to that shit. No shame in it, I look back at my old tape collection and wonder what I was thinking with some of those.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually, Brad Delson was one of the main things I hated about Linkin Park. Setting aside the fact that he's an extremely mediocre player, in interviews he always came across as extremely pompous and arrogant.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
Actually, Brad Delson was one of the main things I hated about Linkin Park. Setting aside the fact that he's an extremely mediocre player, in interviews he always came across as extremely pompous and arrogant.
Brad isnt that great of a guitar player. Im pretty sure Mike Shinoda is a better one.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
His column in Guitar World sure didn't last very long. I found his first lesson on the major scale quite illuminating. :rolleyes:

Abu-Abu

Reaction score
Eh damn, I never would have guessed it to be Linkin Park until 35 seconds in. Because that's where it got shit. Until then I was hoping the little 21 second growl thing was foreshadowing some nice growling lyrics to go with the screaming or something, instead of rapping, and had they made that verse riff thing more heavy, I dunno, there is like 0 bass, maybe it's just my speakers, and took out the rapping, and shitty lyrics, it would have some potential.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
His column in Guitar World sure didn't last very long. I found his first lesson on the major scale quite illuminating. :rolleyes:

LOL, i was just gonna say, i had that issue with his fisrt article. Let me tell you dude, i never looked at the major scale the same way again ;D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Abu-Abu said:
I dunno, there is like 0 bass, maybe it's just my speakers, and took out the rapping, and shitty lyrics, it would have some potential.

So basically if they wrote a better song? :lol:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
you hide behind
LIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
you don't know
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy
pissed me up, its polenta, but i dont like that

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
djpharoah said:
Brad isnt that great of a guitar player. Im pretty sure Mike Shinoda is a better one.

His guitar work has been shitty in linkin park, i heard some of his other stuff somewhere and it was definatly alot better, i don't know if shinoda is better...but then again shinoda is a bit of a music freak so its possible!

')