I could not believe what i saw last night.

• Thread starter cwhitey2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Ok so this is pretty much a rant on scene kids...

First: I'd like to say they I never really understood the whole scene kid thing...
Second: When did people stop loosing respect for other people in general?

I was at a show last night and some kid fell down in the pit, no biggy some girl helped the kid up...you know what she got for her courtesy? AN elbow in the gut and then the kid took off like a sissy. Some kid stage dove too, no one saw it coming and the one person that did was literally leveled. Some kid got hit in the face so he pushed the arm flailing dancer away then the dancer took a swing at the kid (mind you the kid was only protecting his girl friend, and they are not in the pit and they are off to the side, actually right next to me) then the girl jumps in and it stops...not three more kids come up and swing at the kid, completely miss lay out his girlfriend out (smoking hot by the way). All he could do was carry her even more off to the side and out of the way. Oh, and what with these kids jumping on ppl and punching them square in the face? I got punched in the in the right eye twice myself, no biggy except the guy that hit me was 6'2 and like 300lbs, so nothing I could do to him. All in all four ppl left with bloody noses, I think a total of three girls were punched out and there were three fights that ended quickly.

I don’t know if it’s just me or have things changed that much. I have never been to 'Metalcore' or any show for that matter (even huge festivals) with so many fucking douche bag assholes that are blatantly trying to punch people in the face. Has anyone had any experiences like this?

:rant2:

oh, the bands i saw was mychildren mybride :hbang: and texas in july :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Moshing, wtf is all that about? If I pay my 20 bucks I want to watch them play, not be fighting off some sweaty moron and getting beer spilled on me.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Moshing, wtf is all that about? If I pay my 20 bucks I want to watch them play, not be fighting off some sweaty moron and getting beer spilled on me.

out of the couple hundred ppl there it only took 20 to ruin it

pink freud

Reaction score
That's an equal amount of bullshit regarding the bouncers, really. Any legit venue has at least a couple dudes who could outright destroy any scenester; where the fuck were they?

flo

Reaction score
When I go to a show, I want to have a good time enjoying music, watch the band, dance, jump, bang or just listen, depending on my mood and the music. I don't want 90% of my attention to go into defending against some drunk teens who think it's fun to... I donno, break their noses? If it just where trhem, ok, stupid enough, but they don't care if they destroy the concert for others, or hurt others who don't want to be pushed. Did I mention they need 5 times as much space for themselves in the front row than others?
I need to stand there and check out gear:rolleyes:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i like to get in the pit, i have been doing it since i was about 13. i dont like the kids that stand off to the side and fling fists and feet like a tantrum. at the same time i dont mind getting punched in the face in the pit. i am IN THE PIT! theres no reason to be standing off to the side, NOT IN THE PIT and have to worry about being punched. if i was at that show, off to the side WATCHING the show and some random kid was doing that shit anywhere near me, i would level him ;)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I like to mosh occassionally but there are certain guidlines you follow. You always stop and pick people up if they fall, and you never go out of your way to be violent. You don't punch people. And if someone isn't in the pit, give them some space and respect.

We get chavs and fuckheads that go just for the oppotunity to punch people. If they come near you, sort em out. Some kid at a gig I went to was being pretty out of order, so when he fell over me and my mate didn't help him up, and just kicked him. He soon stopped it. Imo the responsibility is on the band a bit to try and control the crowd. If I was playing and people were getting out of control, I'd stop and tell them to sort it out.

blister7321

Reaction score
ive only ever been to one show were this happened and the 2 guys doing it were left with me and my buddy cause everyone else left the pit so each of us picked one of em and "accidentally" clothes lined em he got the smaller one i got the bigger one

ironically the same thing happened at my prom i noticed a mosh during blink 182 (we said we would when the first non shit rap or hip hop or pop music came on) so i get in, and then a bunch of idiot "homeboyz" think they want to get in and they start doing exactly what the OP said so we all start taking out the trash, keep in mind i dont have the best vision, and all i see is a bunch of black kids in suits getting stupid in a pit son one of the school administrators comes in and i accidentally knocked him on his ass

but some times its like that shit happens

SD83

Reaction score
That's why I don't like the audience on metalcore/deathcore concerts, even if I like the band... if some drunk idiot bangs his head against mine while tumbling and headbanging, say sorry, no problem. But there is this story, and I've seen people jump out of the pit into the standing crowd like this

, wtf? Those people deserve to be thrown out of the venue and banned. At least for some months, and for all venues in the area.

BrandonARC

Banned
Reaction score
thats ridiculous. There are guidelines for that shit. Most people that do it here are friendly as hell. If you fall they pick you up, if you get hit , its on accident usually and they apologize immediately, and they never ever hit girls and if they were to see it youd get fucked up if it was intentional.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
everyone has a valid point...

oh and the best part is im pretty sure the bouncers had see the shit go down...there were six of them all acting like hard asses until shit got real...

i like to get in the pit too, but i dont like to leave a show with a hospital bill cause cause some dude was angry his girl broke up with, and wants to take it out on everyone...

i wish i had a baseball bat last night...im pretty sure everyone there would have called me a hero if i started swinging it at the kids punching ppl

EliNoPants

Reaction score
i have little to no tolerance for people who are assholes when they're moshing...in fact, i have little to no tolerance for moshing in general, but it is definitely a worse issue with retarded scene kids who like shitty breakdowncore bands, usually the drunk redneck types at shows like LoG and Slayer are actually way cooler about taking care of each other in the pit

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Scene kids and hardcore dancers hate me at shows. I never get in the pit anymore, but I'll stand on the edge, and help as a buffer, with any females I see around are usually hiding behind me (6'4", 220lbs). I've been blatantly punched in the face, or elbowed, or kicked...and whoever did it, gets laid out. End of story. I then help then get back up, and let them know why they got knocked out.

Sure, it's started a few fights, but the crowd that goes to concerts with me are some pretty stout motherfuckers, so the fight always ends quickly, and ALWAYS involves the scenester calming the fuck down.

Am I right for how I handle this? Probably not. Does it work? Extremely well.

Mosh, thrash around, throw yourself around, have fun. Enjoy yourself. I can handle an accidental gut check, or something along those lines. But when someone full on swings at somebody, they get laid out. They're asking for a fight, and I'm more than happy to oblige.

Guess, in a sense, that makes me no better than the faggots that are HxC dancing in the first place. :lol:

EliNoPants - I guess I can be called one of those "drunk redneck types at LoG and Slayer shows" :lol: We take care of each other, and very effectively take out anybody that's only there to be stupid.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
moshing is ok, it has nothing to do with the retardedness the OP is describing.

The things he's talking about have nothing to do with real moshing. Fuck these stupid kids and their bad music. I'm fucking sick of it. :wallbash: I'm 20 and I feel old these days because of my intolerance for this scene shit.

Reaction score
*DISCLAIMER* I'm a 15 year old kid who predominantly listens to deathcore. (not shitty breakdowncore Attack Attack! bs) *DISCLAIMER*

All these asshole little scene kids really piss me off. The little swoop hairstyle, pants that crush your testicles into your pelvis, blatantly swinging at people and being a bitch about getting hit back, saying that good music isn't good enough because there aren't enough breakdowns, etc... It gets annoying as hell at a show. "Maan, this band is the sux because they've only had one breakdown so far in their set!" "Dude, it's been half a song" "There hasn't been enough breakdowns!" (They actually talk like that sometimes).

Or later on in the show, when their "BR0074L" breebree band comes on, and they start flailing around like they're fighting invisible ninjas. You get smashed in the face, hit them back, and then they go cry. It's fucking pathetic.

So yes, I do hate scene kids, even though I like *some* "scene" music.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
I love to mosh at concerts, it's an awesome way for people to rage the fuck out and let go of all that stress caused by their shitty jobs or shitty lives without hurting anyone, but blatantly punching someone in the face or trying to hurt other people is just retarded and those kids deserved to get their teeth beat through the back of their skulls. Everyone is there to have an awesome time, blow off some steam, and help each other out and dicks like that ruin it for everyone.
What pisses me off even more than shit like that, though, is people who go to shows and freak out and try to pick fights because they get shoved or hit. It's a metal show. You know what happens at metal shows. If you're going to be a whiny little bitch because you get pushed or whacked in the head, stay the fuck home or sit at the bar. I also HAAAAAAAAAAATE it when dudes bring their girlfriends and then they try to stand right in the middle of the pit and spoon with each other and then the boyfriend gets his panties in a knot because his girl ends up getting knocked around. If you're going to take a girl to a metal show she either needs to a.) not get near the pit or b.) be capable of leveling anyone that tries to fuck with her.
:2c:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with "scene kids". :scratch:

I've seen idiots do shit like that at shows since.......well, ever. :lol:

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
BYOB: Bring your own baseballs-bats

Not but seriously, Ross has great guidelines there, everyone should follow them. :yesway:

Latest posts

')