I created a monster.

• Thread starter Mattmc74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome Matt. Tell him welcome to the Loomis Brotherhood :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Breakdown

Reaction score
man ive seen some kids with some serious 1st guitars (american fender, Gibson specials/studios, I actually saw some talentless Beg. emo kid playing a fucking High-end PRS claiming it was his first guitar )
lol
that's a pretty cool story man. Lucky kid.

the_arod

Reaction score
great story, reminds me of this dudes sister answering a question in a quiz:
Q: How many strings has a guitar?
Girl: SEVEN

now we need to see pics of the little (?) monster (kid) with the monster (the Loomis)

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Next time I go out to their place I'll be sure to take pics of him with the Loomis! He will be smiling from ear to ear.

Now he's saving up for a Mesa Dual Rec. So am I.

7StringedBeast

Random Fingers
Reaction score
After his dad got home from work he was pretty pissed off that he bought a 7 and not a strat like his. He told his dad to get out of the stone age!:metal:

lmao

Reminds me of my first guitar. Let me tell you the story, was funny.

After a couple months having guitar classes, I remember my dad telling me "You want to play guitar? Ok, your mom will go to the stores with you and buy you a guitar" (I was 12-13 years old don't remember exactly, and my dad didn't like the idea of me playing guitar in rock bands), and then he said to my mom something like "Get that kid something good looking and versatile so that he can play different styles of music, I don't want that kid to play bad music (bad music for him is metal, rock, etc lol)".

So I went to the stores, and after seeing hundreds of strats and superstrats and playing a few of them, mom asks "So, which one did you like considering what we can spend?", and there was me, pointing in the direction of a Fly-V 1967 model, it was an Epiphone.

I ended up convincing mom to buy it, and a 30w amp too. When my dad arrived from work I was in the living room, with the amp cranked, distortion set to max, and playing my new V. Mom wasn't at home. He was like "What the fuck, didn't I tell you to get a "normal" guitar?", I said "Yea, I want to play metal, so this is normal" and went straight to my room carrying my stuff. No need to say that dad got pissed that night, hell yeah lol :shred:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
lmao

Reminds me of my first guitar. Let me tell you the story, was funny.

After a couple months having guitar classes, I remember my dad telling me "You want to play guitar? Ok, your mom will go to the stores with you and buy you a guitar" (I was 12-13 years old don't remember exactly, and my dad didn't like the idea of me playing guitar in rock bands), and then he said to my mom something like "Get that kid something good looking and versatile so that he can play different styles of music, I don't want that kid to play bad music (bad music for him is metal, rock, etc lol)".

So I went to the stores, and after seeing hundreds of strats and superstrats and playing a few of them, mom asks "So, which one did you like considering what we can spend?", and there was me, pointing in the direction of a Fly-V 1967 model, it was an Epiphone.

I ended up convincing mom to buy it, and a 30w amp too. When my dad arrived from work I was in the living room, with the amp cranked, distortion set to max, and playing my new V. Mom wasn't at home. He was like "What the fuck, didn't I tell you to get a "normal" guitar?", I said "Yea, I want to play metal, so this is normal" and went straight to my room carrying my stuff. No need to say that dad got pissed that night, hell yeah lol :shred:

:hbang:

Reaction score
That's funny. When I first started playing guitar, I learned on an acoustic. Eventually I wanted an electric. So my teacher at the time told me that he'd pick out a few for me to try at my next lesson. Next lesson, he hands me two Jackson's (both Concept models, both with Floyds). And I was quietly pissed--why didn't he bring me a Fender? What's this Jackson shit? I've never even heard of them! :rolleyes: LOL

Needless to say I eventually got a clue, and was VERY thankful he picked out such wicked guitars for me!

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
great story, reminds me of this dudes sister answering a question in a quiz:
Q: How many strings has a guitar?
Girl: SEVEN

now we need to see pics of the little (?) monster (kid) with the monster (the Loomis)

That is a good story!:yesway:

Dark Epic

Reaction score
:hbang:Dude that's great , I've been waging that war with my dad for years, he thinks drop A or drop D is sacreligous I say bring the pain , riteous move matt I salute you bro!! Young dude mightv'e been intimidated if you weren't there...

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:hbang:Dude that's great , I've been waging that war with my dad for years, he thinks drop A or drop D is sacreligous I say bring the pain , riteous move matt I salute you bro!! Young dude mightv'e been intimidated if you weren't there...

:yesway: Thanks man :metal:
Start him off early in the right direction. I figured if he had a guitar with more range he would become a better musician and a better player!

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
A little update - Went out to his house the other day and did a restring on it for him. The Ernie balls sound way better than the stock strings. And we actually got his dad to try it out! He played it for a good 15 minutes this time. He only played with my 7 for a few seconds. Maybe his old man is coming around to being more open minded. We can only hope!

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
+1 for starting guitarists on ERGs. It will only broaden their playing range, and that's got to be a good thing :hbang:.

My offspring will learn to play on RG2228s :scream:.

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
Well some time ago I posted on here about a friend of mine telling me that I should sell all of my japan made 7 string junk and get a real guitar. To him the American Fender Strat is the only real guitar in the world worth playing!

Well his son is now playing guitar and was saving up for one of his own. After his dad got home from work he was pretty pissed off that he bought a 7 and not a strat like his. He told his dad to get out of the stone age!:metal:

If this isn't a clear cut case of Karma being an absolute bitch. I don't know what is. :lol:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he started to change his mind after he found out that a lot of jazz players use 7s, and that they are just not for playing metal.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
+1 for starting guitarists on ERGs. It will only broaden their playing range, and that's got to be a good thing :hbang:.

My offspring will learn to play on RG2228s :scream:.

You know that guy from M.A.N. with the 11 string? That's what my kids will start on, then they can move DOWN :lol:

But seriously, starting guitarists out on ergs is a great idea. There's no reason NOT to have more range, and the Dad is just being an elitist. Glad to see he's finally opening his mind up finally.

OMG, THAT HAS ONE MORE STRING THEREFORE IT'S NOT THE SAME AND SUCKS!!!... Yeah... I really hate people with the mentality that people who play ERG's are just trying to grab attention.

Latest posts

')