I created a monster.

• Thread starter Mattmc74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coobanez

Reaction score
:metal: Awesome :yesway:
I had a Samick for my first guitar years ago, that's awesome that he managed to afford that with his own money and all that for His first guitar.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup saved all the money on his own. He really wanted a nice guitar and i'm pround of him for doing a great lob on saving for it. A lot of kids his age would have just blown the money on something stupid and or useless.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
tell hime to become a member of ss.org! he is now part of the elite crew lol.

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
I have nothing of quality to add to this conversation.
I would just like to say that Dusty201087, you have the most dickish avatar ever...:)
That is all.

No I lied. Good on the kid for getting what he wanted, and a quality instrument as well. I'm sure there would have been many alternatives at this store of lesser quality. Did he do ALL the picking? Or was he nudged in the right direction?

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
lmao

Reminds me of my first guitar. Let me tell you the story, was funny.

After a couple months having guitar classes, I remember my dad telling me "You want to play guitar? Ok, your mom will go to the stores with you and buy you a guitar" (I was 12-13 years old don't remember exactly, and my dad didn't like the idea of me playing guitar in rock bands), and then he said to my mom something like "Get that kid something good looking and versatile so that he can play different styles of music, I don't want that kid to play bad music (bad music for him is metal, rock, etc lol)".

So I went to the stores, and after seeing hundreds of strats and superstrats and playing a few of them, mom asks "So, which one did you like considering what we can spend?", and there was me, pointing in the direction of a Fly-V 1967 model, it was an Epiphone.

I ended up convincing mom to buy it, and a 30w amp too. When my dad arrived from work I was in the living room, with the amp cranked, distortion set to max, and playing my new V. Mom wasn't at home. He was like "What the fuck, didn't I tell you to get a "normal" guitar?", I said "Yea, I want to play metal, so this is normal" and went straight to my room carrying my stuff. No need to say that dad got pissed that night, hell yeah lol :shred:

:lol: :metal:

About that kid....is :lol: too

imagine

dad so where is your strat?
son what strat? * son is shreding
dad what a fuck?
son shut up! Now I am commander of the family, coz I have a balls now :evil:

/owned

:lol:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I have nothing of quality to add to this conversation.
I would just like to say that Dusty201087, you have the most dickish avatar ever...:)
That is all.

No I lied. Good on the kid for getting what he wanted, and a quality instrument as well. I'm sure there would have been many alternatives at this store of lesser quality. Did he do ALL the picking? Or was he nudged in the right direction?

I just went so the store would not rip him off. He picked it all by himself!

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
The boys saving up for a Mesa Dual Rec now. He's about half way there. It should blow his dad's Fender evil twin away!

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
Holy hell, what is his allowance? :) I would love to be able to get a guitar and rack within a two month span...

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Not totally sure how much he has saved but the kid has 2 or 3 jobs to help save up. He does a lot of snow blowing for the older folks in his neighborhood. They pay him pretty well.

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
Right on. Good for him. His dad will be none too impressed when he fires that thing up...
I get the feeling you are none-too-popular with him (father) nowadays :)

Latest posts

')