I Did A Whoopsie - I Bought A Amp

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
I did a whoopsie, i bought a amp. I needed cleans, my 6505MH is great for dirt, however i missed that clean clean. The 6505MH has a useable clean if you are playing metal and only need a few passages of cleans every so often.

So, with money i saved almost a decade or so ago i had saved up, i went and did a whoopsie. I went and finally bought a Mesa Boogie Mark V 25W as i needed those cleans, the versatility, and since selling my Mesa F30 last year i needed a head that i could have much more on.

In the half hour I've spent on it so far today, its the best amp for its size, and money period. Yes i could have got a Kemper Power Amp or a Fractal but i want good old tubes, and good old analog power. The Cleans are brilliant, lots of versatility and shaping options, a brilliant low end and a great definition in the midrange and high end. As for the filthy side, the thing has so much more to give, the lows are there but i don't like to have booming lows, present lows as i call them. The mids and high end is where this amp plays its Donald, the Trump card of this amp is the EQ, i never have got on with a EQ pedal but this EQ is different, it allows you to shape the mids and highs to where i want them. The IV and Extreme settings are where i like it to be, but the IIC+ is a brilliant option for more classic climes.

Anyways, Pics or it didn't happen?

DUZP-K_X4AAscB8.jpg:large

And yeah, the remote is for the RGB backlighting on my pedalboard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Played it a little more tonight, and its dealing in brilliantly, the slightest of turns, say 1mm in any direction and it really changes its sound and tone. The wattage switch really is its strength, 25w for cleans and 10w for the dirt to add compression. And theres no sag, the sag i worked around with my F30, on the EL84s, Mesa have really did a massive turn on this amp.

wakjob

Reaction score
Nice work...

That is a really great amp.
I have access to one whenever I feel the need.

I just put a 12au7 in the PI of it for the guy,
and he loves it even more now.
He can get a more reasonable "low volume"
sound without the jumpy master volume.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
And what's great about the 6505mh is you can hit speaker defeat and run it in the loop as a preamp. I'm doing that now with my RM100.