I do not like people who buy to sell.

• Thread starter Xtremevillan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
No I'm not Jason. I'll say it again because you guys refuse to read my post. You buy things in order to flip it for profit. I buy things 99% of the time w/ the intention to keep it. Obviously if I buy something to try out I try to find the best price possible, so if I want to/need to move on I can make my money back or more, but that's about it. That's just being smart.

Look at the things I buy or sell on eBay. It's almost all 7-strings, high-gain tube amps, metal guitars, etc. It's things I use anyways or have fun trying out. If my aim was to solely flip things, I'd be snatching up cheap Gibsons on Craigslist (aka the land of the desperate) and flipping it on eBay but I -never- have done that).

The only things I regularly buy specifically to resell are used Rectos, and I ship them overseas which saves them tons of money and gets me a few bucks too. But still, even if I -did- just buy things to resell (which I DONT), I still don't see why that is such a bad thing. People have a right to make a living.

It's remarkable how many of you guys are quick to judge and come down on people without even knowing them or their situations.

Well your kinda contradicting yourself then, You say in order to "flip" gear you have to be doin it for profit YET your saying you have the right to make a living :shrug:

I was saying you buy/sell gear ALOT not saying you do it for profit ;) I on the other hand do buy and sell for profit. Just to clarify there :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well your kinda contradicting yourself then, You say in order to "flip" gear you have to be doin it for profit YET your saying you have the right to make a living :shrug:

I was saying you buy/sell gear ALOT not saying you do it for profit ;) I on the other hand do buy and sell for profit. Just to clarify there :)

What I'm saying is it's okay to do what you're doing, just that we're different since our intentions are different. There's no right or wrong here, everyone has the right to do whatever they need to do and unlike Drew I don't think what you're doing is 'in poor taste' at all.

I was just trying to convey that the notion that I buy things specifically to resell for profit is a lie, as I detailed in my lengthy post above. Your clarification does help though, so yes I agree. :yesway:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What I'm saying is it's okay to do what you're doing, just that we're different since our intentions are different. There's no right or wrong here, everyone has the right to do whatever they need to do and unlike Drew I don't think what you're doing is 'in poor taste' at all.

I was just trying to convey that the notion that I buy things specifically to resell for profit is a lie, as I detailed in my lengthy post above. Your clarification does help though, so yes I agree. :yesway:

I agree I dont think its in poor taste either :shrug: Im glad you see I was just saying YOU do buy and sell more than anyone else yet you dont do it for profit purpose only :)

PS GO CELTS!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I agree I dont think its in poor taste either :shrug: Im glad you see I was just saying YOU do buy and sell more than anyone else yet you dont do it for profit purpose only :)

PS GO CELTS!

:agreed: Great game last night :)

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
guys, we're all buddies here, look at yourselvs :lol:

personally, i dont see why this is such a big dead. if people are rich and buy up all of a certian guitar to resell them at a marked up price, i think that just leaves areas open, such as mike sherman, oni, agile... ect. ALL of these guys are gettin action because they offer quality products for more bang for your buck that alot of the other "known" brands. They take advantage of the situation, but no one is calling them crooks. They earned their money.

i think that if you have money to spend to hold onto guitars, then u deserve to because you can afford it.

I was thinking of some of drews arguments, and i'm not excatly sure what drews job is, but im pretty sure its a financial analysist of some sort. Think about a rich client that comes in and invests 1000$ bucks on a stock or something, ONLY to make a profit, because who plays the market to not make a profit. No one sees anything wrong with makeing money that way, so i dont think its that bad

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
clearly, we're not all buddies.

i've only made money on 1 sale.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
What would you say to a person here who got a deal on a guitar for 800 dollars, then turned around in about five days, changes the strings and tuning and put it up for 1300?

I know, it's called being smart...but what the fuck, dude...

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What would you say to a person here who got a deal on a guitar for 800 dollars, then turned around in about five days, changes the strings and tuning and put it up for 1300?

:shrug: What is the problem? I bought a keyboard with the exact intention of selling it put it on ebay and within hours and made $800 profit ;)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score

[action=Chris]coughs HARRIS coughcough[/action]

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score

personally i would call the guy that bought a 800 dollar guitar for 1300 after five days either a chump, or someone who wants something so bad, they can afford the stupid price and secure themselfs something that, if bought by a "collector" or a real musician, they may never have the chance of owning

i dont know, it just seems like a monumental waste of time to worrie about things like this, i honostly dont know where most of the guitars i owned came from. i bought them because they were a fair price for what they were. If they were marked way up, then i wouldnt have bought them. Its as simple as that

also, this is why people should actually research what their buying so they dont get taken,

why should zimbloth catch shit just because he pays attention to the market, and knows what is a good deal and not, and is able to make his money back and sometimes a bit more, when there are people who dont take their time to learn such things and are just willing to pay more than the going rate for gear.
(not trying to single you out zim, but others already have so i just went with it)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's what I was trying to convey in my original post, of what I don't like.

Yeah but whats the issue with it?

Let's say you walk into a guitar shop and you see say.. a k7 for like $300 your telling me you wouldn't buy it knowing you could turn around and sell it for a good profit. :nuts: or a triple recto for like $600 or 700?

or you going leave it there for someone who is going take it home and "love and cherish" the guitar.

If you buy something for a bargain and then sell it for what its worth then so what?

Unless your talking about people who OVER price shit than that is completely different.

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd leave it for a person who would cherish that guitar. I've bought good gear at a decent price and kept it. Because I wanted that 800 dollar guitar. And when I saw the upcharge, I was like ...what?

That Hellraiser I put up for 550 was almost exactly what I paid for (575). Spitfire, I ended up losing money. I traded my RG5EX1 for a C7, the C7 for the RG7621, ended up losing a bit of money. But I loved that gear, man. Had to get rid of both to get my Caparison. I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to LOSE money over it, but don't be that person and get a guitar for a cheap price, do the most nominal--if any--thing to it, and put it up for an inflated price for later--at least that's my view. I would have put it up, the K7, for just what I got it for plus the coverage of the fee and shipping.

Guess I'm stupid :lol:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed: And your full of it if you try and say you wouldn't sell it for a profit. Your just giving away free money :nuts:

It depends. I wouldn't make money off of any of you guys. If it's eBay/Craigslist, I'd try to make as much as I could. Everything I sell I offer up on here for what I paid for it before going to "impersonal" outlets.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It depends. I wouldn't make money off of any of you guys. If it's eBay/Craigslist, I'd try to make as much as I could. Everything I sell I offer up on here for what I paid for it before going to "impersonal" outlets.

:shrug: I sell stuff for fair prices :)

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
...how am I full of it? I just stated my opinion...god forbid I need to sell my Caparison and let's say this TAT was rare and I got it for 2.5k and the market was 4k, do you really think i would make it 4k? I'd make it 2.5k. Honestly.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
...how am I full of it? I just stated my opinion...god forbid I need to sell my Caparison and let's say this TAT was rare and I got it for 2.5k and the market was 4k, do you really think i would make it 4k? I'd make it 2.5k. Honestly.

yes, you're completely full of it. if god forbid you HAD to sell your Caparison, i'm assuming that means you would be in a financial bind of some sort and need cash... why would you knowingly throw away 1.5K? and if the market value was 4K you wouldn't be ripping anyone off.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
When I see something I want, but I don't have the money, I see what I can sell to get it. If I had a solid job I probably would have kept all of the guitars I've sold. But I don't, so that's kinda what I have to do to get most of my gear gear.

I rarely buy a guitar with the intention to sell it straight away. But, if I see something for a super low price that I know I can make a big profit from, then (if I have the money) I'll buy it and put it back on eBay for closer to it's actual price.

Doing that kinda stuff can get you the money for something that you actually do want. :shrug:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

Dude to be perfectly honest even posting this kind of thread and statements like the above seems like trolling to me. :2c:

Latest posts

')