I do not like people who buy to sell.

• Thread starter Xtremevillan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
It depends. I wouldn't make money off of any of you guys. If it's eBay/Craigslist, I'd try to make as much as I could. Everything I sell I offer up on here for what I paid for it before going to "impersonal" outlets.

i couldnt agree more

yes, you're completely full of it. if god forbid you HAD to sell your Caparison, i'm assuming that means you would be in a financial bind of some sort and need cash... why would you knowingly throw away 1.5K? and if the market value was 4K you wouldn't be ripping anyone off.

thats also what i was thinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good points by all in the last few pages, good to see some reason here finally.

Finally I'll just say, if I recall correctly I sold my new RG8 to Chris at a discount when I could have just returned it and gotten my $1500 back. I also sold a guitar to JPMDan for dirt cheap because I knew he was out of work and short on cash, so I wanted to hook him up. So I'm all for hooking people up here, but of course someone needs money and they toss something on eBay they have every right to try to maximize their dollar.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually, I lost money on the RG8 deal, because I paid $1250 for the UV, gave you $200, and threw in a T-no, but it was still a fair/un-upsold deal. :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually, I lost money on the RG8 deal, because I paid $1250 for the UV, gave you $200, and threw in a T-no, but it was still a fair/un-upsold deal. :yesway:

Oh yea that's right it was a trade. Well still I lost money too, I didn't get as much for your UV as I had hoped. Either way, alls well that ends well :yesway:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
What would you say to a person here who got a deal on a guitar for 800 dollars, then turned around in about five days, changes the strings and tuning and put it up for 1300?

I know, it's called being smart...but what the fuck, dude...

I wouldn't buy it, but I think that person has a right to do that. Hell, they could put it up for $4000 if they wanted to. They'd probably never sell it, but they can set the price. They could have received a $2000 guitar for free as a present and sold it on eBay for $100 or for $3000. Either way is fair game.

If you think it's too expensive, don't buy it. :shrug:

If you paid way too much for a piece of gear, well, heh, too fucking bad. You should have researched how much they normally go for and what other prices they were being sold at.

Guess I'm stupid :lol:

Guess so. :lol:

yes, you're completely full of it. if god forbid you HAD to sell your Caparison, i'm assuming that means you would be in a financial bind of some sort and need cash... why would you knowingly throw away 1.5K? and if the market value was 4K you wouldn't be ripping anyone off.

:agreed:

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
:shrug: People can do whatever they want with their money.

I actually like to see NGD threads. "This one's a keeper!" -esque comments amuse me. I liken them to guys who date women who they initially view as flawless only to find out that these women have irreconcilable flaws a month later.

The only thing I could see as bothersome is buying something that was clearly sentimental to someone and then selling it shortly after. Given (imo) attachment should go out the door with the item, it is understandable why some brows would be raised. Certainly one would want something he loved in the best of hands and a quick turnaround could be quite the opposite. :shrug:

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
...how am I full of it? I just stated my opinion...god forbid I need to sell my Caparison and let's say this TAT was rare and I got it for 2.5k and the market was 4k, do you really think i would make it 4k? I'd make it 2.5k. Honestly.

wow

ummmm........

it annoys me a bit if somebody lies to me about what they have into something or is a bit deceiving on what they think something is worth monetarily in order to justify their pricing, but if they're honest about that, they can pretty much set whatever the hell price they want...if I'm interested, I'll buy it. If not, I won't. Simple as that.

[action=7slinger]wants Xtremevillan to send him a pm if at any time his Cap is market value 4k and, god forbid, he needs to sell it[/action]

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with it. Most of the gear I own is used and I can make a profit off of if I sell some of it and I intend to do that IF AND ONLY IF that's the current market value. If not I just try to sell it to recoup as much as my loss as possible so I can buy more gear or fund my other hobbies. I'm not into ripping people off (well if it's ebay or someone decides they want to go for some feeler price on craigslist...), I'm just trying to break as close to even as possible:shrug:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

But at the same time, he didn't buy it with that intention. I don't even mind people charging a FAIR market value, but like I said before, it's when people snag up ALL the rare guitars they can, and then artificially raise market value.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
But at the same time, he didn't buy it with that intention. I don't even mind people charging a FAIR market value, but like I said before, it's when people snag up ALL the rare guitars they can, and then artificially raise market value.

:agreed: thats also shit with parts as well as guitars, my UV for instance didnt come with green knobs (or pickups for that matter but those were easy to find) so trying to track down some in the correct hue became the bane of my existence for a while and i kept on ending back on a certain website only to find that the price of the knobs there was $65.00, i get the impression that when ibanez/dimarzio stopped producing these said owner of said website decided to buy up all the remaining stock and artificially raise the price for them to what ever the hell he wanted... :realmad:

thank god i managed to find someone on here with a set :wub:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I think that it's a good idea to buy something in USA and sell it here, so then, with the difference, you can buy something better, sell it here again and bring an expensive guitar or a very nice amp, or something that you really want and you cannot get it on your country.

So, the idea of all of this, is like the capitalism, but in a little proportion :lol:

Prada3353

Banned
Reaction score
well, i dont like people who inflate the price, but when your looking for a second-hand amp, the people who sell the ones they expiremented with and sold for a few hundred cheaper in mint condition come in handy :)

neon_black88

Reaction score
I think that it's a good idea to buy something in USA and sell it here, so then, with the difference, you can buy something better, sell it here again and bring an expensive guitar or a very nice amp, or something that you really want and you cannot get it on your country.

So, the idea of all of this, is like the capitalism, but in a little proportion :lol:

I'ts funny because I bought a JP6 from the US for $1000, im trying to sell it for $1600 here in Aus. I don't feel like im ripping anyone off because on one of the same websites which I have it listed for $1500, another guy has one listed for $3000! With slightly better features, but not 1500 dollars better. Thats what they're worth here so I'm actually giving people a good deal even if i'm making profit :lol:.

And by the way, I didn't buy it with the intention of selling it. And I'm selling it with the intention of buying another guitar :yesway:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
You know, i think some people are missing the point.

All this resentment should be aimed at
the collectors, who buy gear at inflated prices just to look at it, never play it, and store it in glass display cases and then speculate that 20 years time it'll pay for their retirement.

I'm sorry, but first and foremost I think gear should be bought to be used, tried out, and if you don't like it sell it on. I also see no problem with making a bit of money out of it when it gets sold on. I've done the mates rates thing a few times, but after I have sold things on, and they've then sold things on for more than i sold it to them, it's left a bit of a bad feeling in my mouth, so hence, now, I really don't do mates rates anymore as it just ends up with them making a profit from my sense of kindness, and at the end of the day, i put money into buying stuff, and then sometimes allowing people to pay me back over time, so in the end I do end up losing out, but hey, that's the way shit works sometimes.

Anyway, I tend to have guitars I don't play often, but they all get played, knocked about and used. And if i don't like something, thenj i reserve the right to sell it. I bought a UV I didn't get on with, so I flogged it within a week or two. I've had amps I've not liked, loads of stuff. I do normally give it time, but there's no point me adjusting to something if it doesn't feel right from the start.

Anyway...

Back to collectors. If anything, these are the people that come along and take perfectly playable instruments and amps off the market to be locked away as speculative assets. Those are the people I can't stand. If you can't play it, then you really don't deserve it.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Back to collectors. If anything, these are the people that come along and take perfectly playable instruments and amps off the market to be locked away as speculative assets. Those are the people I can't stand. If you can't play it, then you really don't deserve it.

:agreed:

The worst of it is, this shit just drives up prices for the rest of us. Of coruse to be fair, those who buy cheap to sell for top dollar sort of feed right into their hands, as they add a second level of competition for a deal for those of us who are just looking for a good deal on a player.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You know, i think some people are missing the point.

All this resentment should be aimed at
the collectors, who buy gear at inflated prices just to look at it, never play it, and store it in glass display cases and then speculate that 20 years time it'll pay for their retirement.

I couldn't agree more. Just snatching up things for the purposes of hording and then overcharging is certainly pretty lame. That's why Rich @ IbanezRules rubs me the wrong way sometimes. His prices are just so outrageous IMO. There's a big difference between doing that, and buying a guitar with the intention of keeping/playing it, but then if you need to sell looking for a fair price. That was my only point.

Latest posts

')