I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not. But the TRIREC IS HERE

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
And finally another amp with midi. This might be in the stable come tax season, if I can find one. I'm interested in the whole Infinium thing and different tubes, and what the limitations of the power tranny might be. KT88 Recto, anyone?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listened to the clips and thought it sounded like garbage. Of course, I hate Mesa, and therefore am unlikely to be impressed by anything shamelessly copying Mesa, so take that for what it's worth.

Wow, this may be a new height in completely pointless posts. :yesway:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard Bugera was in talks with Ola Englund to send him a Tri Rec for a demo vid.

I heard you could resume posting tomorrow for trolling threads. I'll bet mine's true, though. :yesway:

viesczy

Reaction score
Personally I am interested in this amp. I can afford about any amp I want, justifying that amp purchase... :nuts: I mean when I'm @ Sweetwater the Roadster and Road King just call to me in their 4 channel glory that they're the only amp I'll ever need and I can dump all my other amps. CALL TO ME!

For a <$800 Mesa clone, how can the Trirec be a bad thing? I mean why take the chance on buying something on the used market that you have no idea what was done to it or what is wrong with it from someone on eBay that you're not looking in the eye for a few hundred bucks more to have the Mesa name on it? NIB and a warranty and not having someone else's grimy mits on it? What is wrong with that?

My 333xl sounds every bit as good as my XXX (not exactly the same amp) and it gets easily as much use as my XXX. That Chinese 2x12 knock off cost me $35 more than the head alone (so half of my XXX 2x12), has gotten approx 15 hours a week on the stock tubes since last September w/o a complaint. I never liked spending time @ my GF's so much as when I decided to get that Bugera (which was done on a whim).

The Trirec and the Carvn V3M are just calling to me... and they're not priced so high I'd sweat it for months after buying! Doubleplusgood!

Derek

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
This amp REALLY interests me. I've been wanting a mesa triple rect for a long time now, but havent been able to afford it. I could easily afford this one though and if it sounds half as good as a mesa, im in. I want to play one before i buy it but this may be my solution.

How are the bugera cabinets? My current cabinet wont handle this head well because its voiced to make a crappy amp sound decent. Would you recommend the bugera 4x12 or a mesa boogie rect 4x12?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Bugera cabs are ass.

They have those 6262 Infiniums. Goddamnit. :lol:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
FYI, these aren't available until mid December...

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Had an early 6262 that I used, however the early QC niggles were always in the back of my mind. Hopefully these have been finally sorted as they appear to have crammed everything in but the kitchen sink. For the money they seem to be trying to give best bang for your buck.

Edit: IIRC, when I took it to a amp-tech he said it was no better or worse built then some of the far-east Voxes and Peaveys he'd seen.

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
bugera has been posting pics on their fb page about the infiums being packed to ship.

cant wait to swap my 333xl for an infinium one.
and get a 6262, and eventually a tri rec

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed, that even though these are called Trirecs they only have the two 5U4 rectifier tubes of a Dual Rec, plus a solid state rectifier. So, while it does have three rectifier modes, it's NOT a copy of a Triple Rectifier, but likely more of a Dual. Just throwing that out there for folks who are looking for a Triple Rec.

Not to mention, it's only running four 6L6 (stock) power tubes, compared to the Triple Rec's six.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
A Triple Rectifier doesn't have three different rectifiers. Just the diode and tube rectification. The "triple" comes from the three pairs of 6L6s, I'm guessing.

But yes, the Trirec is closest to the Dual Rectifier. It's just that DuoRec is probably too close to the "iconic" Mesa name for comfort.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
The clean and drive sounded alright, but everything else reminded me of something I'd hear in an audio clip from Line6.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I heard you could resume posting tomorrow for trolling threads. I'll bet mine's true, though. :yesway:

LMFAO :lol::lol::lol: i just fell put of my chair.

Alright back on topic.

$800 for 'Mesa' sound. (or something close):yesway:

Now i just hope they don't have any problems like the old initial runs had. 'Cause i want one of these....bad.

I would like to hear some actual brootalz with her :p, but im sure it will just fine.

Im also reallllly curious about this Infinium tech they keep talking about.

Someone buy one before me and let me know how it is :cool:

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
A Triple Rectifier doesn't have three different rectifiers. Just the diode and tube rectification. The "triple" comes from the three pairs of 6L6s, I'm guessing.

But yes, the Trirec is closest to the Dual Rectifier. It's just that DuoRec is probably too close to the "iconic" Mesa name for comfort.

Max is talking about the number of rectifier tubes. The Mesa has 3 but the Bugera only has 2. Still, I think most people who want that tight metal sound just use the diode rectifier setting anyway, so maybe its no big deal.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
I'd be interested to try one. There's not way I can afford an actual Mesa, but I've always wanted to dwell in the dual/triple rec tone territory.

I am, however, even more excited for the magician...

ampoverload

Reaction score

I apologize, but my post was not intentionally meant to be a troll post and I have messaged you an explanation. Please check your PM's. Thanks!

on topic: It looks and sounds like a really cool amp. I wonder how this compares to the B-52 Tri Recto head. Battle of the 'poor mans' mesa. lol jk. I'd put my money on the Bugera.

')