I don't need another guitar, but...

• Thread starter odibrom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had the same thought - why plek and re-fret a NOS?

I'd also second this. There's a weird "custom" S7 prestige on eBay right now that I've had my eye on. If I don't grab it, I'd be happy to see someone around here with it.

I thought of that as well, more so, why refret with nickel-silver frets when stainless steel is already a trend and easy to get? I mean, I've refretted (out sourced) all my guitars with stainless steel as a whim, most didn't need it...

That guitar is either a mislabeled S5527 or... If I remember, the 6527s where only fixed bridge ones and their difference was that they came with DiMarzio pickups. I already have one S5527 chez moi. that looks just like that one (minus the pickups). That one is also a bit too high priced for my pockets, adding shipping and import tax... It's not worth to me, but if you can afford, go for it. These rock.

@Rubbishplayer my guitars count is just slightly above 10...

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I paid ~800$ for a S6527 TKS about two years ago. 1.8k$ is fucking lunacy, or am I out of touch? It's really just another RG with a different body.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Could be you got lucky, or I'm just used to the market in my area not being great, but it's pretty rare to find a prestige that would make it to my door for under $2k CAD.

Reaction score
I paid ~800$ for a S6527 TKS about two years ago. 1.8k$ is fucking lunacy, or am I out of touch? It's really just another RG with a different body.
That was pure luck, you got a great deal with that guitar. When I got my S5527, I got it for what I thought was a super deal as well for 1100 k€ + shipping. The guitar was like brand new, no visible scuffs nor anything. At the time there was one NOS for sale in France from a shop and those guys would let it go for less than 1450 €...

@TedEH can you talk them down the price a bit? like for 1.5k it would be reasonable, not a great deal, but reasonable in my opinion...

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Well to be fair, it was all kinds of jacked up. Wiring was a nightmare, lots of wear blemishes on the front of it, so I ended up returning it pretty much by force to Reverb.

Why was it plek'd and refretted? Who refrets a NOS guitar?

')