I don't want to live in this world [ESP NFT Content]

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
Sure, but all that aside - you get a little sticker saying "Here's your Polar Bear "Molly" etc", thats all I was referring to.

I wasn't really referring to what happens to your money after, should have made that clear sorry.

Ok I understand, that's fair enough! Just felt I had to comment/clarify since I believe in that kind of charity concept.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
What? How?

What you mention sounds like how you can donate money to legit conservation efforts by organisations like WWF. You can pay WWF to "adopt a polar bear" but in that case you don't pay to own something, you pay for work you believe in being carried out. I struggle very hard to see how that's similar to buying an NFT from ESP.

Optimist: work you believe in, carried out
Pessimist: work you BELIEVE is carried out

gnoll

Reaction score
Optimist: work you believe in, carried out
Pessimist: work you BELIEVE is carried out

Sure. It's up to donors to find charities they believe in and it's up to the charities to convince the donors they will use the money well.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
NFTs in general feel like some Kramer scheme from a Seinfeld episode.

Kramer: Listen Jerry, I've got these things called NFTs... non-fungible tokens. People are paying big money for them! *hand gestures*
Jerry: What the heck is that? Something about computer mushrooms?
Kramer: No, no... you see Jerry, it's basically an picture on the internet... but a picture you can own.
Jerry: C'mon Kramer, no one owns anything on the internet. I would know! People are always saying that they "owned" me on Twitter, but here I am, still a free man!
Kramer: Ah, but that's the thing Jerry, the thing that let's you own it is called a blockchain!
Jerry: ...A blockchain.
Kramer: A blockchain!
Jerry: So... let me get this straight. The thing that let's you own these pictures on the internet... is a medieval Chinese weapon. What are you gonna do, attack people that try to take them?!
Kramer: Noooo, c'mon Jerry. It's like a proof of purchase, but one with hundreds of copies! And they're all... out there, on the internet! In the cloud! *hand gestures and distant stare*
Jerry: Oooh, of coooouuuurse! Silly me for not associating ancient weapons with steamy digital receipts. I don't know what I was thinking!
Kramer: Well, you've never really been good at this technology stuff Jerry, not like me anyway.
Jerry: ... riiiight. Anyway, so you've got these token things, these pictures, and you've got proof that you own these tokens spread out across the web.
Kramer: Exactly!
Jerry: So, what happens if someone just... uses the picture?
Kramer: Well... nothing...
Jerry: Alright. How about if someone... I dunno, just makes a copy?
Kramer: Umm... well...
Jerry: You're telling me that people are *paying big money* for something that other people can copy with zero effort, and there's nothing they can do about it if they do?
Kramer: People wouldn't copy them, Jerry!
Jerry: Well why not??
Kramer: Because that'd be stealing!
Jerry: So??
Kramer: That's against the law, Jerry!

Last edited:

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
NFTs in general feel like some Kramer scheme from a Seinfeld episode.

Kramer: Listen Jerry, I've got these things called NFTs... non-fungible tokens. People are paying big money for them! *hand gestures*
Jerry: What the heck is that? Something about computer mushrooms?
Kramer: No, no... you see Jerry, it's basically an picture on the internet... but a picture you can own.
Jerry: C'mon Kramer, no one owns anything on the internet. I would know! People are always saying that they "owned" me on Twitter, but here I am, still a free man!
Kramer: Ah, but that's the thing Jerry, the thing that let's you own it is called a blockchain!
Jerry: ...A blockchain.
Kramer: A blockchain!
Jerry: So... let me get this straight. The thing that let's you own these pictures on the internet... is a medieval Chinese weapon. What are you gonna do, attack people that try to take them?!
Kramer: Noooo, c'mon Jerry. It's like a proof of purchase, but one with hundreds of copies! And they're all... out there, on the internet! In the cloud! *hand gestures and distant stare*
Jerry: Oooh, of coooouuuurse! Silly me for not associating ancient weapons with steamy digital receipts. I don't know what I was thinking!
Kramer: Well, you've never really been good at this technology stuff Jerry, not like me anyway.
Jerry: ... riiiight. Anyway, so you've got these token things, these pictures, and you've got proof that you own these tokens spread out across the web.
Kramer: Exactly!
Jerry: So, what happens if someone just... uses the picture?
Kramer: Well... nothing...
Jerry: Alright. How about if someone... I dunno, just makes a copy?
Kramer: Umm... well...
Jerry: You're telling me that people are *paying big money* for something that other people can copy with zero effort, and there's nothing they can do about it if they do?
Kramer: People wouldn't copy them, Jerry!
Jerry: Well why not??
Kramer: Because that'd be stealing!
Jerry: So??
Kramer: That's against the law, Jerry!

I've been re-watching Seinfeld and can just feel the eye rolls and the Kramer gestures hahahahaha this is pretty good, but there would be yelling eventually and you forgot to add Kramer slides out and hits the door or something hahahahahahahah

nickgray

Reaction score
I have a receipt from a supermarket from a few days ago, I got some pasta sauce and, uh, something else too, I don't remember. Willing to let it go for a used Prestige in a good condition.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Fucking right-clickers...

:lol:
upload_2021-11-3_13-52-18.png

vibrantgermancities

Reaction score
I realise that all brands are just doing their thing and it in no way reflects the quality of their guitars which are just inanimate objects that happen to have a particular name on the headstock...

... but this really had to happen the day I took delivery of my first ever ESP. On some level, I'm embarrassed.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
But what tonewood are those NFCs? They better not be rosewood...

Ross82

Reaction score
Yeah I was pretty ashamed of ESP when I saw this, this type of thing wreaks of a Gibson move.

Digital snake oil and nothing more. Except snake oil at least physically existed, so its not even as good as snake oil.

Latest posts

')