I Feel Better Re S7420BP

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
You're feeling better, and the bidder probably feels good about the auction. Everybody wins!... Except for the people who didn't win the auction.. and possibly the winner himself for having to pay $835... Non the less! S7420's look awesome, and I personally would love to have the trans blue one :).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, $835 is a bit much. I think people get too worked up over NOS sometimes and go a bit crazy. I mean my BP literally looks like it was bought in '99, played for a week, left on a stand for a few months, then put in the case and not touched since then. My FMTT I got is in really nice shape too (that's next week's cleaning/setup project).

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's rather OTT, but then the last one on the UK Ebay went for something stupid like £800. The seller's got a nice pair of NOS RG7620's too, one black one vampire kiss.

Nats

Reaction score
i'm still really happy i got mine for $400 (minus case) without a scratch on it after seeing some of these auctions. i probably coulda gotten it even less, but i have a feeling he had a friend bid it up.

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
I paid $650 for mine brand new from American Music Supply back in 02, I thought it was gonna come with the dot inlays, but I got the waves, and that is bad ass.

They need to start making these again, it's the only body style I like to play live.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mykie said:
I paid $650 for mine brand new from American Music Supply back in 02, I thought it was gonna come with the dot inlays, but I got the waves, and that is bad ass.

They need to start making these again, it's the only body style I like to play live.

Very sweet. I'm REALLY happy with what I paid for my FMTT, $600 shipped :lol: It's got dot inlays, which are not as cool as the waves, but given the last wave inlay FMTT on ebay went for like $1300 I'm happy with it.

Hmmm, I thought the wave inlays were GC exclusives. Weird.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit, maybe I should put mine up for sale. Cha-ching!!! $$$ :lol:

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Ok, I no longer feel bad about paying $695 for my S7420BP after seeing this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...10040280288&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 go for $835. Granted it was NOS, but mine doesn't have a scratch on it, it just needed cleaned and came in a UV1000 case :)

the above seller is good stuff...I just got a new toy from that seller, and I must say I'm very happy with the deal. Pics to follow this Fri.

If I had known how pleased I would be with the item I bought (just received it yesterday), I would have considered bidding on the S they just auctioned (although I never would have paid that much I don't think).

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Shannon: or you could sell it to me at a nice price as a fellow forum abuser. Besides, you must be bored of that thing by now. I bet you havent even played it in the last two weeks!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I think I hold the record of paying the most for mine. I paid over a grand for mine back in 2003, it was brand new and the last one to leave the factory (or so I was told), at least it came with a UV1000 case, a strap and 6 packs of strings. :yesway:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
...but as you said, you are completely happy with your purchase, and ultimately it is ONLY your opinion that matters. Wish i had one...:D

AXEMASTER

Reaction score
I PAID 1100 FOR MINE ,MINT CONDITION GATER CASE INCLUDED.I LOVE IT.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hehe wow after seeing some of these I REALLY feel better about what I paid. I'm also loving the guitar, which is the important thing.

I should FINALLY have time to tune it and get it set up today after the pickup swap I did earlier this week. I was planning on doing it yesterday but ended up having to fly to Philly and back for work (LONG day, left the house at 4:30AM and got home ~8:30PM with 2 plane flights in between).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Already installed ;) Air Norton 7 neck D-Sonic 7 bridge. I put them in on Tuesday, first install I've ever done and worked the first time :yesway:

I should be setting up the trem and adjusting the pickup height either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

AXEMASTER

Reaction score
SOUNDS COOL I'M THINKING ABOUT CHANGING MY BRIDGE PICKUP LET ME KNOW HOW THE D-SONIC 7 SOUNDS I KINDA LIKE THE STOCK NECK PICKUP.

')