I find music youtubers really annoying...

• Thread starter Franko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
Sophie Burrell is legit talented regardless of looks or skin being shown. She is a good guitarist, not just a good female guitarist. Same with Nita Strauss.

But that recent all girl shred fest was some of the worst playing I've heard. And it doesn't make me insecure to hate on it lol. No one would know or care who 90% of them are, but for them being girls. The same with Longfield.

YMMV

Lies

All decent female guitar players are from Asia (although some of em may or may not be dudes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
He put them back up, even older ones he had removed like the Agile 8-string Wrong Axis video from a gorillion years ago.

On topic: Guys like Keith, Ola etc. are all awesome, and so are drummers like Troy Wright.

I feel like there's less of this around, maybe because of copyright issues and being beholden to making the kind of videos The Algorithm likes? Unfortunately what the algorithm likes is daily videos where you mug at the camera and make fart jokes so children spill their Hanuta on the screen and wipe it away, accidentally clicking on the ad and making Google another dollar richer.
It's really sad how Youtube used to be this cool place where you could show stuff you filmed and could actually get eyes on your material, and now it's basically just reality TV-tier content.

EDIT: oh and one more thing: Anthony Fantano has shit taste

That sorta sums up the entire internet in a way. Back in the mid nineties I and several others were able to get eyeballs on stories we wrote and get constructive feedback to help improve. Now we can post stories and get dick and fart jokes in return, if not outright brutal slaughter for daring to write a story that isn't about whatever the cause of the day is. Toss in the corporate influence and ads and what was once a shining beacon of informational hope is now a junkyard of broken promises and crackdowns filled with simpering idiots spouting off bullshit and raging lunatics expressing angry emotional outbursts at every opportunity.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
That sorta sums up the entire internet in a way. Back in the mid nineties I and several others were able to get eyeballs on stories we wrote and get constructive feedback to help improve. Now we can post stories and get dick and fart jokes in return, if not outright brutal slaughter for daring to write a story that isn't about whatever the cause of the day is. Toss in the corporate influence and ads and what was once a shining beacon of informational hope is now a junkyard of broken promises and crackdowns filled with simpering idiots spouting off bullshit and raging lunatics expressing angry emotional outbursts at every opportunity.
Definitely doesn't help that everybody's consolidated to giant social media sites instead of smaller forums now, everybody's selling something and has something to "share" and for you to "like and subscribe" that even just getting feedback on stuff you make is basically impossible anymore because people get content shoved in their faces every waking second of every day. The only feedback you get are your engagement metrics, so instead of exploring how to make quality things with like-minded people you're just going off of whatever the algorithm deems is popular. It's really sad, and one of the reasons I still absolutely adore sites like this one, that are like little insular communities away from social media.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is there something for blocking ads in the android youtube app?

I hate using streaming video through websites in browsers

Youtube Vanced is a modded version of the standard YT app with no ads. There's also NewPipe, but it doesn't use Google accounts and any of the account-based features at all (it has its own in-app subscriptions). For some people it's an advantage, but YMMV.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The only act I can't stand is Stevie T even thought I don't even think he's acting. Everyone else I can tolerate but only a few I actually enjoy.

')