I got a guitar lesson with Tosin!

• Thread starter jdpogan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jdpogan

Reaction score
I saw Animals as Leaders in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Monday.
Incredible show as I anticipated, then afterwards I headed to the merch table, then out the exit and saw Navene whom with I conversed with. Then I met Tosin and asked for lessons.
I learned a shitload from him in sweeping technique, chordal arrangements, and so on.
Anyone else have the pleasure of learning from Tosin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antimatter

Reaction score
I saw Animals as Leaders in Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Monday.
Incredible show as I anticipated, then afterwards I headed to the merch table, then out the exit and saw Navene whom with I conversed with. Then I met Tosin and asked for lessons.
I learned a shitload from him in sweeping technique, chordal arrangements, and so on.
Anyone else have the pleasure of learning from Tosin?

FUCK YOU!:mad:
That's so not fair, how come I don't get to talk to Tosin Abasi? D:
Lucky you though, seriously. :)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Sweet man, so does he do these lessons like on the spot before the show?

I thought he did them from a computer or something?

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
im pretty sure hes wanting people to make arrangements before the show happens. he created a gmail acct specifically for it. pretty sure its tosinabasilessons@gmail.com

LOL. I read that real quick and thought that it would be strange to take "Basil Lessons." :lol::lol::lol: Phi FTL. :facepalm:

Off-topic, I wonder what the country of origin his name is from. Back-on-topic, jd, did you have to pay for that lesson? Tosin seems like a cool guy to hang out with based on videos/interviews I've seen of him. Extra-awesome points are given to him for being not only an amazing guitarist, but one that can also teach other players advanced concepts in technique. It only took one guitar clinic with George Lynch to show me that not all great guitarists are capable of teaching what they know.

Cheers,
Phi :yesway:

jdpogan

Reaction score
LOL. I read that real quick and thought that it would be strange to take "Basil Lessons." :lol::lol::lol: Phi FTL. :facepalm:

Off-topic, I wonder what the country of origin his name is from. Back-on-topic, jd, did you have to pay for that lesson? Tosin seems like a cool guy to hang out with based on videos/interviews I've seen of him. Extra-awesome points are given to him for being not only an amazing guitarist, but one that can also teach other players advanced concepts in technique. It only took one guitar clinic with George Lynch to show me that not all great guitarists are capable of teaching what they know.

Cheers,
Phi :yesway:
Yea I payed 60/hr for the lessons, he was really cool too and extremely knowledgable.

jdpogan

Reaction score
Sweet man, so does he do these lessons like on the spot before the show?

I thought he did them from a computer or something?
I'm not sure if he makes arrangements pre-show, I just asked him, he let me use Javier's new RGA-8 which is soo nice, feels just like the 2228. The lessons were after the show.

Reaction score
I had a lesson with Tosin as well, but via Skype. What a phenomenal player that guy is. He was super down to earth, and just real. I paid for an hour and I got 1:45 when it was all done. He is my new guitar god.

JoeMalov

Reaction score
I'm getting a lesson from him when Summer Slaughter rolls through Cleveland in about a week

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i'd like to do a skype lesson with him sometime but i need a camera first. hopefully my connection is stable enough too. i live in houston though, so im most likely going to get some lessons with chris letchford too if i can.

all im looking for is someone that's really good at playing my kind of music to get an idea of where im at and show me what to work on.

Jtizzle

Reaction score
Whaaat when was this? I was at this show and I was trying to find him and maybe get a pic or something. Was this after Decapitated played? cause I just walked outside hoping he would be by the busses.

jeremyb

Reaction score
He's Nigerian for the guy that asked, a skype lesson, wow!! That's doable for those of us downunder!

Latest posts

')