I got me a new ESP Horizon!

• Thread starter migreeni
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

migreeni

Reaction score
Woohoo! It's a beaute and DAMN it's great to play! I got it 25% off because of the most incignificant tiny little scratch on the body. So it cost me about 1100e case included.

I knew I made the right choice right away. It plays like a dream. What really were striking, were the tuners, they a some kinda lock system I've never heard of which locks the strings in place.

Gonna change the string gauge and intonation now ->
:shred:

E: pics on the second page

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
Gotoh Magnum Locks.

They lock the string as you wind them. Pretty damn awesome tbh, though I prefer the Sperzels on my Viper.

migreeni

Reaction score
Damn, I don't have a camera here. Tomorrow I'll see! Btw how do you like the JB-mic? It's pretty good, but with alder I fear the overall sound might bee too bright or fizzy. I like BKP and have been thinkin of a Nailbomb at the bridge. What do you think?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
the JB sounds great in alder, hardly bright. but it could be a bit much depending on what pickups you like. If you dont like it id say nailbomb all the way

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
The current ESP Horizons have Mahogany wings (I've got one :p) and the JB sounds great. Bright, but VERY clear, and defined. Though not quite as tight or organic as a Nailbomb.

Battousai

Proud SSorg member
Reaction score
depends dude the Horizon with the String thru bridge have mahogany wings.. the ones with the floyds are alder wings.. i tried one. it sound very very different
the string thru horizon sounds a lot better. but i would assume thats the floyd rose making the difference in tone. since the strings are floating on the body instead of going through the guitar.

theyre both awesome for what they are tho.. i have yet to find a more comfortable neck for a 6er

migreeni

Reaction score
Pics!

I don't have pliers, so the strings aren't cut yet. Damn it's pretty :)
IMG_1287.jpg

Cooooool
IMG_1291.jpg

If you can spot the scratch here, I salute you! As I said, it took the price 25% off:
IMG_1292.jpg

Here you can see the colour pretty well. I like how you can see the wood, eve though the paint is pretty dark. It's almost purple-ish.
IMG_1294.jpg

*Wankwank*
IMG_1295.jpg

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
wow, I didn't know they came with that Abalone Binding, its like the Deluxe MH ones.

Nice score, how much did you end up spending?

Edit: Sorry, Perloid Is it?

migreeni

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Let me tell you, now after a few days into having this gtr, I like it more and more! It just gets better, I don't know how :D

Anyone found the scratch already? ;)

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Mmm nice guitar mate, could def see myself playing that! Congrats!

')