I got my Strictly 7 Boden and....

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
Hopefully they will get you a good one Alain, this was unreal for a $3k guitar. S7 just seems to be on a self inflicted rampage. Seems like they would have had shit in order before releasing these B7's, but guess not.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
So I was told last week that in three weeks there will be 12 bodies for me to chose from. Lets see if and when that actually happens.

Dude, that's like going to some 3rd world whore house. Sure you're getting 12 bodies to choose from but if they're all f#$$ed up, what's the point? You're not gonna wanna put your cash or your man-meat anywhere near any of it. Thus, a refund would be sought.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Dude, that's liking going to some 3rd world whore house. Sure you're getting 12 bodies to choose from but if they're all f#$$ed up, what's the point? You're not gonna wanna put your cash or your man-meat anywhere near any of it. Thus, a refund would be sought.

:lol:

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Dude, that's liking going to some 3rd world whore house. Sure you're getting 12 bodies to choose from but if they're all f#$$ed up, what's the point? You're not gonna wanna put your cash or your man-meat anywhere near any of it. Thus, a refund would be sought.

I lol'd pretty hard because I live in a 3rd world country, and this is SPOT ON :fawk:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I lol'd pretty hard because I live in a 3rd world country, and this is SPOT ON :fawk:

[OT]

Someone living in the US, using the internet to discuss a luxury, referring to the US as a third world country.

God bless America. :lol:

[/OT]

AllanMarcus

Reaction score
I am both incredibly sad, and sorry that this has happened to you. Wish there were something more I could do to help you.

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
There will always be folks that have differing opinions, and luckily, differing opinions don't cause cancer, so it's fine. I'm not surprised if other builders lashed out, being scrutinized isn't fun. Out of curiosity, I'm not into FB drama, but who was this "well-known" guitar builder?

At the time I didn't like how Keith posted pictures of issues (also I did not notice some issues, like dots on wrong frets) without any comment on the background of the story - if it was rough proto build that was needed fast for some recording session, what S7G offered to do with this guitar etc. I mean - he was in professional involvement with the company. I did not defend S7G for what they delivered. I just didn't feel it right to say "they are good friends, but let's expose their shoddy work" - didn't feel that friendly.

However I got in touch with Keith and he explained the situation further than on FB posts and I'm on Keith's side of the force now.

This situation taught me to stop commenting in other builder's threads.

underthecurve

Reaction score
Okay, story time,

I was in the first build lot for the Boden8s. I first received the guitar early in November. Initially, I noticed some small cosmetic imperfections, and the finish felt tacky and uneven. There were parts you could see finish lines from multiple coats. In the horn area, and in the tuner recess the finish was built up and runny.

As far as structural defects, when I first was handling the guitar, and on playing low notes, I noticed a rattle. Upon investigation I noticed the black washer for one of the neck bolts was spinning around. I tried to tighten the bolt, but it is either bound or bottomed out and will not compress the washer. If I had to venture a guess about the issue, the bolt holes aren't drilled properly, a similar problem that another boden8 owner and SSO member had.

I notified Jim & Ola of the issues. Within the day I had a response from Ola, Jim and Paul, apologizing and offering a rebuild. Sweet.

Fast forward 3 months, the middle of March, I asked how the rebuild was coming, and was told the end of the month. Sweet!

The end of the following month, April, I ask Jim how's the rebuild. No answer. Coincidentally, Paul emails me to see if I've received my rebuild. I fill him in and he apologizes, and says he'll see what's what. After a few back and forth between Paul, and a month later, last Friday, I finally hear back from Jim.

He assures me everything is moving along, and when the time comes to send my guitar to him to put a new body onto, or, he could ship the body to me and I could transfer everything over. First off, one of my complaints about the guitar was a cosmetic defect on the neck. This defect doesn't warrant rebuild, but I want them to address it. I also wanted some assurance that the neck bolt alignment issue lies in just the body and not the neck as well. No responses so far....

I originally didn't post a NGD because I wanted to give Ola and s7 a chance to rectify any issues in the original build. For a little while I felt I didn't need to resort to publicly shaming a company to get good service, but apparently I was wrong.

My greatest fear is that S7 doesn't have the capability to properly execute Ola's designs, and that anyone waiting for rebuilds will still receive junk. My guitar was in the first run, while OP's guitar came out of the most recent batch. It seem their learning curve is a flat line.

At what point does Ola step in and start taking a more active role in dealing with these issues? I know the guitar was built by s7, but I feel like the quality of these guitars ultimately lies with Ola. S7 isn't some random luthier that just licensed the design, Ola went to Ohio to transfer the process. Ola is on record saying that these guitars are %100 to specs and the reduced cost over an original strandberg is realized through economies of scale and not decreased quality. With production moving to Washburn, Ola seems to feel that s7 can't build a Strandberg, so why does he feel like they can do these rebuilds?

I know every product release has it's teething problems, and before buying I reserved some patients for issues like this to arrive, but this is all kind of too much.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score

Fuck i died :lol:
Sigged.

ola_strandberg

Reaction score
Okay, story time,
At what point does Ola step in and start taking a more active role in dealing with these issues? I know the guitar was built by s7, but I feel like the quality of these guitars ultimately lies with Ola. S7 isn't some random luthier that just licensed the design, Ola went to Ohio to transfer the process. Ola is on record saying that these guitars are %100 to specs and the reduced cost over an original strandberg is realized through economies of scale and not decreased quality. With production moving to Washburn, Ola seems to feel that s7 can't build a Strandberg, so why does he feel like they can do these rebuilds?

I know every product release has it's teething problems, and before buying I reserved some patients for issues like this to arrive, but this is all kind of too much.

Well, I wish there was a simple explanation. For now, I for one am grateful for everyone's patience and understanding while I and the AES team around me work with the people involved to try and resolve the situation. There are legal and financial concerns, and at the end of the day, the big picture has to work out.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Transferring rebuilds to Washburn probably isn't an option. While they have a relationship now, Washburn really has no responsibility for anything that tranpired prior to them taking over builds from S7G. Sure, Ola could try and force S7G to relinquish the payment they've received and give it to Washburn instead to cover the cost of rebuilds, but it sounds like trying to get anything out of S7G is like bleeding the proverbial turnip. Not exactly a viable solution.

fc3603

Reaction score
I assume it's only a matter of time for s7 go bankrupcy? And obviously not everyone can get their money back. First come always first serve. You know what to do.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Just started watching these. No idea what the content is, but I gotta hand it to the guy, taking 1 1/2 hours (or more, before editing) out of your day to directly address issues/hearsay/opinions/concerns is extremely refreshing for a custom luthier. I havent seen that level of frank openness from other builders discussed on here.

*edit* bearing in mind I haven't actually watched these yet, haha so hopefully I'm not speaking too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')