I got my Strictly 7 Boden and....

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score

Still watching this now. Guess they haven't learned a thing. Jim takes to Youtube to talk nastily in response to his customers and making fun of them with terms like, "Self proclaimed expert" and talking about being thin skinned with emotional issues. Jesus, the ship is going to sink even faster now. K, he just called someone a "wind bag troll" :noplease:

And here I was going to respond to the guy talking about them going bankrupt and tell him why does it seem like people are *anxious* to see this company go down, and to give them a break and let's see how they handle people's issues with their guitars. Guess I see how that is going now.

Why doesn't anyone learn that this is the absolute worse way to address the issue? Getting mad and venting on your customers is just plain business suicide.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

baryton

Reaction score
Damn!
The "asshole-like" Jim speaks about in last second of the video about a string gauge issue it's ME!
Except that i did not buy my Boden7 directly from S7 but through Guitar Candy (the only stock Bart had), I Asked for a A tuning with neck adjustment the day I ordered it,
PROOF
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510931755630521&set=a.160866367303730.34830.149762801747420&type=1&theater

Obviously It wasn't done, the guitar stills buzzing (I told it to Bart, never had a reply from him, i was thinking buying a Masvidalien... Too bad i'll see it with MusicStore or directly from AES), apparently i have to adjust the nut's cut (I'm scarred to do it alone ;) ), I admitted I overreacted with this strings issue's story ... JIM knows that, I explained it to him, we had a private mail exchange, I wrote anything here or in another forum about it (it was a month ago) If now he wants to say bullshit i have to say the true, especially as i apologize to putted him and S7 in a difficult situation with Strandberg and Paul (thx man btw you're awesome) and never get a reply!

Plus he yelled at me in a private video about this strings issue and body issues he called a "natural character of the wood"
I let you judge by yourselve
IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

To finish Jim doesn't understand why i say that it's the most awesome guitar i've ever had with all my complains
I used to play on 8 and had many injuries with my left hand, since i play on the Boden it's just magic
I said that because it's light, extremely well balanced, ergonomic as hell and the Endureneck is a revolution to me, I don't feel any pain since i play with.
So besides this issue YES it stills an awesome axe...

But for 2600€ (2 months salary) I excepted to have a better finish from S7 and Guitar Candy that's all!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Just wait until the 34 Minute Mark where he addresses Leonardo, he literally verbally breaks his contract towards a customer, because of the actions that someone else did not something that Leonardo did.

It's not gonna be too hard to get your money back man, you have it on video that he has no intention of following his contract with you so you should bring that to your Credit Card company and work with them on a chargeback.

Sorry Jim, I know the industry is stressful, but you have no right to do that to Leo. Good luck to you both, but Jim lost this one.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Question, is it just me or does he keep calling his company "Circly Seven"? I've heard it several times now.

Rev.

Slaeyer

Reaction score
To a certain extend I can understand that Jim is really pissed and angry at certain people. Still from a marketing kind of view, he handles the situation wrong.
Instead of insulting customers and Ola, he should try to calm everyone down, say sorry and try to fix the situation.

I kind of understand the problem with the oil though. If your used to a high gloss finish oil sometimes feels and looks way different depending on the oil.

edit:
am just watching the video.....
The comment about the gap in the neck pocket is ridiculous. I know a lot of people building guitars in their freetime, as I do it myself....
Usually a neck should fit its neck pocket in a way there is no gap, not even for a single piece of paper.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy.

I wish I'd ordered an S7 Boden now, a strandberg for half the price and barely any of the wait. Crazy!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
What a fucking dick, I would never order a guitar from this guy. Who calls their customers idiots, assholes, morons, and thinks they don't know what they are talking about. He's completely lost it, oh so you had your research published in college and that makes you god or something and everyone is out to get you? I am just shocked and saddened by all of this, and Alain I wish you the best with this situation and hope it all works out.

hk_golgatha

has two first names
Reaction score
Massive cheers to Ola. He's made a future customer in me today.
I've been researching .strandberg for a project in school and I'm beyond impressed with his character and dedication to the customer.

decoy205

Reaction score
A neck pocket on any guitar including bolt-ons should be tight. An envelope should not fit.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy.

I wish I'd ordered an S7 Boden now, a strandberg for half the price and barely any of the wait. Crazy!

Don't think it's worth all this stress, and Ola hasn't revealed any info besides his message. So let's not assume haha, price wise they're getting a sweet deal on an actual Strandberg, but I doubt they're going to get placed higher on Strandberg's list than the people who are currently on it. That wouldn't seem fair, if he means AES then that's still awesome of him to do.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I have now offered to assume the responsibility for delivering the outstanding orders as well as the currently agreed replacements from S7.

The customers involved will be given the option of staying on with S7 to receive their original order, or having it fulfilled by Strandberg Guitars in Sweden.

What class! :bowdown:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
But for 2600€ (2 months salary) I excepted to have a better finish from S7 and Guitar Candy that's all!

How is Guitar Candy related to a guitar's finish, considering they simply operate as the retailer, mate? If anything, you could ask for warranty coverage, which is down to GC to mediate for you, but it's not like one can blame whatever reseller for cosmetic issues with a particular instrument unless it is storage / demo damage or so!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is Guitar Candy related to a guitar's finish, considering they simply operate as the retailer, mate? If anything, you could ask for warranty coverage, which is down to GC to mediate for you, but it's not like one can blame whatever reseller for cosmetic issues with a particular instrument unless it is storage / demo damage or so!

Read his full post, man.

Apparently Guitar Candy did not setup the guitar as requested, there is a buzzing issue, and GC has since ignored him.

Honestly, looking at these pictures, I don't see how any retailer, especially one who focuses on high end/boutique gear, could let that guitar go to a customer without being considered B-stock. These aren't $500 Indo Ibanez guitars, these are $$$$ first world, custom shop guitars, finish and grain flaws should not be tolerated.

Are the defects Guitar Candy's fault? Of course not, it's the manufacturer from the looks of it. Though, part of being a dealer/retailer is inspecting guitars and making sure the lemons don't make it to the paying customers.

Insinfier

Reaction score
*flameshield on*

I must pick sides with Jim. I know receiving an instrument with a small thing wrong isn't exactly what you'd like on such an expensive guitar. But when you contact him calling him an idiot and not only mocking his builds but also insulting him and his company of which he is proud, I can totally understand he is pissed and has had it with these kind of things.

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for everyone who had a faulty instrument, and he shouldn't have put the blame on others. He also has to take a bit of the blame, because it's his company. But he's not the only one in the company. And people seem to forget that he's a busy man, running 2 lines. The Boden and his own S7G line. He ain't got no time fo' that. The main thing in this story, I think, is the patience. But apparently no one has patience anymore.

This is my position on this.

We're all capable of being upset, we're all human. Customers can get upset and so can Jim. He scares me when he looks straight into the camera and says "I'll take care of it." :lol:

If you're upset with your guitar, call the office. Be polite. Be patient. They'll fix it. Only go public if they pull an Adam Orth and tell you to "Deal with it." Blatantly telling you they don't care that you have an issue and will do nothing to solve it. If you're calm and polite, you'll be fine.

Whiny message boards and Facebook posts help nothing. Especially when people that are upset tend to leave out information, whether intentionally or unintentionally. It's easy to flip a situation to appear to be in your favor by leaving out some details. You are a customer and you should be treated as one, but you're still dealing with people. Often people that spend countless hours doing their job and insulting them over some imperfections will not get anything fixed. If anything, it makes the situation worse and it makes everyone look bad. Handle it like a decent human being and you can expect the same treatment in return.

To the people that got guitars that were truly faulty, I'm sorry to hear it. It happens.

The lesson I'm taking out of this: Nothing in this world will ever be perfect. Even a $3,000 guitar.

It will give me a positive outlook when I order guitars from these companies in the future. I expect there to be some little flaws in it somewhere. As long as there isn't a chunk or wood missing, a cracked fretboard, a section of the guitar is unpainted or unfinished, or hasn't arrived to my doorstep ON FIRE for whatever insane reason from hell... I think I'll be happy. I just want it to look great, play great, and have no issues such as tuning, intonation, frets. Things that would make it impossible to play properly. I wouldn't say my standards are low, I just don't expect a golden guitar that never has a blemish and is unaffected by human error, builder or player. I'd be just fine knowing I can contact someone and have it sorted out if there is a real issue.

And on a lighter note, lets all gather around and have some Invictus Guitar Cake.

Invictus-11.jpg

I love that picture. :lol:

In one of his other videos, there are two Bodens sitting on a tablet next to his laptop. One has a small knot or other blemish in the walnut top and the other has a brown spot on the birdseye maple fretboard. I gotta be honest, even with those flaws, I'd ....ing love to have those...

HighPotency

Reaction score
Read his full post, man.

Apparently Guitar Candy did not setup the guitar as requested, there is a buzzing issue, and GC has since ignored him.

Honestly, looking at these pictures, I don't see how any retailer, especially one who focuses on high end/boutique gear, could let that guitar go to a customer without being considered B-stock. These aren't $500 Indo Ibanez guitars, these are $$$$ first world, custom shop guitars, finish and grain flaws should not be tolerated.

Are the defects Guitar Candy's fault? Of course not, it's the manufacturer from the looks of it. Though, part of being a dealer/retailer is inspecting guitars and making sure the lemons don't make it to the paying customers.

In defense of Guitar Candy, when dealing with such a high-value product that's essentially custom made, I think it's fair to assume that the product they receive from a (supposedly) reputable manufacturer is what was ok by their standards.

Ola, don't stop making guitars. It might take me 10 years but I'll be contacting you for one when I get the money.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
He does have the right to make a warranty claim, and in the EU you can be refunded within two months of purchase upon returning the goods. There is a very strong customer protection legal structure in place in these parts. :)

Also, he's in France, Guitar Candy is in Belgium - the neck will shift a bit along the way, all things considered, and unless we're discussing uneven frets or them simply deciding to pop out, it's usually a simple truss rod tweak as you know. :shrug: Maybe it's the way the post is structured misleading my comprehension of what happened, I suppose.

PS - Max, you NEVER gave me beer, therefore your post would always be invalid. That is all.

baryton

Reaction score

Fred I don't Blame GC for the Guitar Finish, I asked for a A Tuning with a new string gauge set and a things i didn't know (Allan and Curran explained it to me) is the nut is cutted for specific gauge for a B Tuning, as a result it make a buzz with the zero fret which irradiate, resonate to the bridge.

When Bart received this guitar, (it was a stock one) I asked for a A tuning and neck adjustment, apparently he just changed the string and shipped it. If he doesn't how to adjust a guitar, it's not a problem, i would prefer to know it before.

I had some exchange with Paul, Allan, Jim, Curran and Bart get copy for each Email i did about this bridge's buzz problem, I never had a reply but when i asked for Masvidalien price i get response in hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')