I got my Strictly 7 Boden and....

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baryton

Reaction score
Ah, now I get what you're saying - upon reading your post I was mislead by the whole finish thing and got a bit lost! :)

Im not surprised, it's written in a bible that French people sucks to speak/write another langages :lol:

(nb: It's a weird circonstances to tell it but I'm a huge fan of your music, Atonement is often played in my Ipod :yesway:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Oh god. That 58 minutes from S7 is rediculous. I honestly cant sit through the entire thing its too rediculous.

On the other hand its good to hear Olas stepping in and making sure the orders get fufilled either by washburn or ola himself in sweden.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
In one of his other videos, there are two Bodens sitting on a tablet next to his laptop. One has a small knot or other blemish in the walnut top and the other has a brown spot on the birdseye maple fretboard. I gotta be honest, even with those flaws, I'd ....ing love to have those...

I had the same thoughts, I'd love to have the one he demo'd the oil on. I was on the fence about ordering one of these but it had nothing to do with S7G and everything to do with the fact that my wife wanted a kid. I chose the wife over guitar in a rare moment of insanity :lol:

I'm sure the buyer's remorse he points out is more than likely what's happened to several of these. Damn shame all the way around.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It will give me a positive outlook when I order guitars from these companies in the future. I expect there to be some little flaws in it somewhere. As long as there isn't a chunk or wood missing, a cracked fretboard, a section of the guitar is unpainted or unfinished, or hasn't arrived to my doorstep ON FIRE for whatever insane reason from hell... I think I'll be happy. I just want it to look great, play great, and have no issues such as tuning, intonation, frets. Things that would make it impossible to play properly. I wouldn't say my standards are low, I just don't expect a golden guitar that never has a blemish and is unaffected by human error, builder or player. I'd be just fine knowing I can contact someone and have it sorted out if there is a real issue.

After five years you guys still manage to leave me awestruck. Really.

For $3k a guitar should be perfect. Heck, if I can get an off the shelf $1000 guitar with zero flaws, even little ones, then a $3k guitar, especially one touted as "custom" or "handmade" should be of the same standard.

There are too many builders that consistently put out amazing guitars for this to be acceptable on any level. The fact that these guitars left the factory is a testament to how little the builder genuinely cares.

Falling back on "builders are human" is a cop out if I've ever heard one.

Mistakes do happen, but that doesn't mean it should be accepted, especially given the price range we're talking about. Holding builders to a high standard is why we pay the prices we do. You're paying not for materials when you plunk down the cash for a custom order, you're paying for the builder's care and attention to detail.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wow. trying to find the words to describe the first video... and I can only come up with batshit insane.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I could barely make it past the "nicities" or whatever the hell he called them when he rambled about American and the military (nothing against the military at all)

I don't like judging people but Jim is seriously batshit and this passive aggressive attitude is a major turn-off

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I really was liking this company but man.. this doesnt help at all. What does S7 offer to me for a product compared to RAN guitars?

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Watching the second video. Lots of biging himself up talking about his research in collage getting published and acting cocky.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I've made it through about half that video. I don't know the cast of characters or everything he discusses, but it was enough for me to know not to order anything from him because "that's what I do." :lol:

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
wish I had that 1:20 back in my life. On another note, so glad I backed out of ordering from them and hire a damn assistant by all means.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After five years you guys still manage to leave me awestruck. Really.

For $3k a guitar should be perfect. Heck, if I can get an off the shelf $1000 guitar with zero flaws, even little ones, then a $3k guitar, especially one touted as "custom" or "handmade" should be of the same standard.

There are too many builders that consistently put out amazing guitars for this to be acceptable on any level. The fact that these guitars left the factory is a testament to how little the builder genuinely cares.

:agreed:

The standards are so low for "custom" guitars these days that I cannot believe people are still paying for this crap. Seriously.

birch

Reaction score
Can any strandberg owners confirm what Jim says at the end of the 2nd video (3/64th inches action is not possible with this bridge)? Ive got a CL7 on order from the Washburn shop and whilst i have faith that they will produce a quality instrument, im concerned that the bridge design wont let me get the action i want without a shim.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
^ sounds like a bullshit rationalization to me :2c:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can any strandberg owners confirm what Jim says at the end of the 2nd video (3/64th inches action is not possible with this bridge)? Ive got a CL7 on order from the Washburn shop and whilst i have faith that they will produce a quality instrument, im concerned that the bridge design wont let me get the action i want without a shim.

Even if the bridge itself can't be lowered to a certain point, this can easily be compensated for in construction of the instrument, without the need of a shim, by adjusting the height of the fretboard relative to the top of the guitar. That's something that needs to be considered on all builds, not just those utilizing specific hardware.

It sounds like Jim just doesn't know how to compensate for components in his build. :noway:

^ sounds like a bullshit rationalization to me :2c:

Eric with the :ninja: win. :lol:

:agreed:

SavM

Reaction score
Wow! just saw that video, anger management springs to mind. They need to slow things right down and go over their builds with a fine tooth comb. I'm sure their customers wouldn't mind if it meant getting a better guitar in the long run, I know I wouldn't.
They're charging premium prices, and for that money the customer could have gone anywhere else. They should be grateful they were chosen and should have done everything in their power to make things right. This is a business after all.
Who knows they could turn things around, but unless they change their attitude they will run themselves into the ground, if they haven't already.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
My tip sheet for them would look something like this:

1. Don't have an e-mail account if you aren't answering your mails. Don't blame customers for not knowing how to contact you when you've said a hundred times that they need to call you; clearly it did not reach some of them. Also, your audience is worldwide, not just the USA, inter-continental phone calls are expensive and tedious due to timezone differences.

2. Don't have unqualified people (Sorry, but Curran posted some pretty weird messages on FB) handle your Facebook; if you don't have the time for it, don't make a profile.

3. Your customers are your livelihood, just imagine what someone will be thinking when they hear you calling them out by name, surname and place of residence on the interwebs.

4. 70% of communication is non-verbal, if you make a video like this you come across as a bomb waiting to explode.

5. Trash-talking others actually makes yourself look a whole lot worse.

6. Stop bringing up the marines and the US military, it is subject to such different opinions worldwide that it's just plain stupid to bring it up. This is the second time Jim brings it up, it's like your inviting termites in to your house.

7. Adressing the issues is great until' you don't adress the real issue, i.e Leonardo being told that Wormholes were ''Ok'' and ''add character''.

8. Whatever internal company problems you've had with past employees should stay internal, don't ever bring it up, EVER.

9. Indirectly stating that the Strandberg Boden bridge design is flawed and too hard to handle means you aren't backing up your own product.

10. Showing a contract with Strandberg...really?

Gonna watch through the second video now if my stomache can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')