I got my Strictly 7 Boden and....

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Also, paypal does not allow disputes after 45 days from paying. If he takes 30+ days to ship then 30+ days of the 45 have just been wasted in his favor. File a dispute if he doesn't ship after the one week and do not send payment unless the guitar is done and in box ready to go.

QFT

Ray

Mayhew

Reaction score
There are also the issues of experience and of ability. Even a couple of the first Daemoness Guitars on other forums were shown to have flaws and the quality gets better over time the more you do and the more you learn.

I'm not defending some of Jim's words and actions here, just saying let's keep it down to the things we definitely know. He seems very passionate about guitars, he's given himself too much work, he's making mistakes due to stress, mistakes in customer service and mistakes on some of the guitars. Give him a clear schedule to make a guitar for someone in good time he'd probably do a great job. I don't think any of this is down to laziness. It's down to owning a company in severe financial trouble with too many jobs on and not enough money to junk in-process builds.

Sorry it's just not my nature to think the worst of people. I hope everything works out for the customers as they are the most important part of all this.

Things we do know: Endorsee's left due to repeat quality concerns. Ola took his business somewhere else. S7 has blatantly lied to it's customers to cover up flaws in it's products and refused to take ownership of the situation. "No that's not a knot it's a speed-hole, it makes the guitar go faster and I prefer it like that so it's not a flaw OKAY. Noobs". They only take action when forced publicly. Fail badly at their version of "making things right" and think it's okay to disrespect customers concerns in a "youtube rebuttal" because they've already paid in full. It's always someone else's fault and excuses are acceptable answers to questions.

No amount of stress would allow these mistakes to be acceptable or understandable. It sure as hell isn't carte blanche to lie. If they were honest about the situation they were in people would be a lot more understanding. If the guitar won't be ready for more than a month than don't say it'll ship next week when you know it's BS. My buddies and I went to a new pub and ordered two burger platters and a poutine. After over an hour we asked the waitress where our food was as we could see every customer who came after us had been served already. She went over to the kitchen and we could tell by the look on her face that they forgot our food but she walks up and says they're just plating it now. Twenty minutes later we get two dried up burnt burgers which they tried cooking at double time. We were honest and told the waitress you lied to us, the food was terrible, no tip for you and we won't come back. We would've preferred the truth and they had the chance to step up and try and make it right but thought covering it up was a better route. Sh!t is going to happen so it's all in how you deal with it.

Jeppery

Grmph
Reaction score
Things we do know: Endorsee's left due to repeat quality concerns. Ola took his business somewhere else. S7 has blatantly lied to it's customers to cover up flaws in it's products and refused to take ownership of the situation. "No that's not a knot it's a speed-hole, it makes the guitar go faster and I prefer it like that so it's not a flaw OKAY. Noobs". They only take action when forced publicly. Fail badly at their version of "making things right" and think it's okay to disrespect customers concerns in a "youtube rebuttal" because they've already paid in full. It's always someone else's fault and excuses are acceptable answers to questions.

No amount of stress would allow these mistakes to be acceptable or understandable. It sure as hell isn't carte blanche to lie. If they were honest about the situation they were in people would be a lot more understanding. If the guitar won't be ready for more than a month than don't say it'll ship next week when you know it's BS. My buddies and I went to a new pub and ordered two burger platters and a poutine. After over an hour we asked the waitress where our food was as we could see every customer who came after us had been served already. She went over to the kitchen and we could tell by the look on her face that they forgot our food but she walks up and says they're just plating it now. Twenty minutes later we get two dried up burnt burgers which they tried cooking at double time. We were honest and told the waitress you lied to us, the food was terrible, no tip for you and we won't come back. We would've preferred the truth and they had the chance to step up and try and make it right but thought covering it up was a better route. Sh!t is going to happen so it's all in how you deal with it.

Talking about lies, you speak of Ola leaving S7G because of quality concerns, that's not and has never been the case for Ola leaving S7G.
He's stated publicly and in private conversations I've had with him that he's very proud of the Solar model and that his prototype Solar is his favourite guitar. I don't know where you came up with this kind of nonsense but it certainly isn't facts :nono:.

I won't defend Jim's behaviour in the video, nor the knot in the guitar but every company has flaws (For example my 2 Mayones guitars that both had sharp frets after 1 swedish winter) and it's just a matter of who gets it, either someone who's gonna bitch about it on forums or someone who will just deal with it privately.

S7G Makes good guitars in it's entirety but it's a young company with little experience, therefore they make mistakes, builds become more costly because they have to fix these mistakes.

However, I'm not going to rant about this anymore.

TL;DR: Everyone makes mistakes, including more reputable builders.
S7G makes good guitars in its entirety, Jim behaved badly in their youtube vids.

walrusaur

Reaction score
I'm currently one of the outstanding customers who have also paid in full for a Boden 7...not 100% sure what's going to happen now. What's certain is looks like no guitar for me for awhile. However, Paul and Ola have been in contact with me so huge props to them. Still wishing all the best for Jim and his company as well.

Majkel

Reaction score
Talking about lies, you speak of Ola leaving S7G because of quality concerns, that's not and has never been the case for Ola leaving S7G.

I think he meant Ola Strandberg, buddy.

ara_

Reaction score
i'm probably the other guy, yeah. Can't help but wonder if ours were the two sent to Guitar Candy... :ugh:

Ola seems to be taking care of business though. I've exchanged some emails with him and Paul and things are looking up.

No, the first two Boden 7s that arrived at Guitar Candy were sold to me and baryton

Edit:
My NGD: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/233285-ngd-boden-7-a.html
baryton's NGD: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/234002-ngd-strandberg-boden7.html

My opinion on the situation: I feel bad for Strictly 7, but really made their situation worse with that whole thing.

I'm happy with my guitar though. I assume that my next Washberg Boden (or maybe a true strandberg!) will be even better, but my S7Boden feels great right now.
My condolescences to the guys that are having problems with S7, I really hope you'll get everything resolved soon.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since a couple of my fellow mods are weighing in on this thread, I'll leave it open.

That said, some of you really need to think before you type, and now that I have to watch this shit storm, *I* won't be as lenient. Got it?

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score

A) As has already been said, he's probably referring to Ola Strandberg, not Ola Englund.

B) Over the past several years, this forum has seen several players with endorsement deals gush over the products of their endorsed companies, only for us to find out that they had issues with the products that they only talked about after said endorsements were no longer in place. Eaeolian is probably the only endorsed player here who's opinion I would trust at first glance at this point, having been publicly critical of some of Jackson's products even while being endorsed by them.

Mayhew

Reaction score
I did mean that Ola Stranberg took his design to Washburn.

S7 doesn't have to go down like this. Pull a Papa John's campaign of acknowledging the faults and complaints truthfully and show everyone that you can and will do better. People love seeing someone turn it around because everyone can respect that. It shows strength in character. Nobody builds guitars with bad intentions and there's enough people with S7's and Bodens who are either really happy with them or really like the playability but need a little more attention to detail. That shows they can do it, they just need to do better.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy but facing my own mortality on five occasions also made me realize life is too short to pussyfoot around too. Honesty is everything.

jsl2h90

Reaction score
Would anyone mind enlightening me on what he said about marines? I am one and i totally almost ordered one of these, that's why I ask haha. Regardless of whatever Jim said, wtf does the military have to do with their build quality? Wish I coulda caught these vids before they went private

Insinfier

Reaction score
Would anyone mind enlightening me on what he said about marines? I am one and i totally almost ordered one of these, that's why I ask haha. Regardless of whatever Jim said, wtf does the military have to do with their build quality? Wish I coulda caught these vids before they went private

He said something about being away during Memorial Day and explained the absence because everyone in his family was in the Marines or Army.

Or something like that.

Daxten

Reaction score
Jim said in his video that he told Ola he doesn't want to build the guitars anymore (in March). He didnt get any new orders for them since decembre because Paul redirected all orders to washburn (even though they still had the contract with Paul and never told him that they want to cancel it)

Not my opinion, not what I said, just what Jim said in the video since there are a lot of guys here throwing around facts even though they don't have sources for them

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which video? I don't remember hearing that in either of the initial videos that were later pulled, so if it was in one of those I'd like a time reference, or alternately a link to the video it is in.

geofreesun

Reaction score
I heard what Daxten said. It's the hour-long video, Jim talking and talking and talking, about strandberg/boden issues.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah he mentioned wanting out on Strandberg around March in that hour long video, no way of confirming that of course but he showed his contract.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Im not buying it. I believe Ola dropped him first. If Jim could he would still be taking deposits for Bodens. Better believe that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')