I got my Strictly 7 Boden and....

• Thread starter leonardo7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
It was mentioned around the same time he was talking about the hardware, I think.

He hadn't received any new Boden orders since Dec.

He was saying that he'd ordered a ton of wood to maintain the contract to keep raw materials in stock for any order that came in, but no new ones had come in since Dec.

To be honest, I don't see why Ola S. went with S7G to begin with. They're a young company still getting their feet on the ground, I understand wanting to help them out a little, but shouldn't he have known better than to give such an important and expensive product to them? It makes sense that they'd be looking for a bigger, better equipped company to handle the orders after a certain point, but why not tell them that upfront, or just wait until the better company was already lined up?

I believe what Jim was saying in the video (the long one was the only one I saw), his expressions, his demeanor, while not 100% customer service, that's a man in a situation he's tired of, and has gotten to the point where it's no longer worth it to him to keep a smile on and bite his tongue about anymore.

If I had the money I'd probably get one of the used S7Gs that pop up on the Used GC site every now and then.

This is just my .02$ on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbertsgotbrootz

Reaction score
I really wanna see those videos . I never liked jim the 2 times I had to talk to him on the phone . Paul and Allan on the otherhand were awesome to deal with helping with everything they could .

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Anyone happen to get Jims hour rant before it was removed? That needs to be posted since half of us missed it lol

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
It seems strange to me he's claiming they haven't gotten any Boden orders since December - what are these weird nonstandard ones they've been recently showing on their FB page from then? They posted these pictures the day before this thread started (May 23), claiming they were "Only doing some very limited one off stuff, maybe about 25 or 30 custom pieces, and that will be it":

923227_476644019077443_334215584_n.jpg

971725_476644012410777_581517648_n.jpg

Are these orders from last year? I just find it odd- I can't remember there being any word that they were doing a run of something like these.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
They probably have had the OK to fix up old B stocks and sell em as they wish. Those are probably ones with worm holes that never had the walnut tops glued on or were removed. Or maybe they just started building them recently, figuring its a sure sell since they need money bad, but say they are older B stocks. :ugh:

7stg

Reaction score
Here are some videos I watched. The longer S7 Guitars updates videos are informative.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Curranproducer/videos

Seems like good guys under some stress and pressure, small company trying to manage everything, and I think they are trying. They are working long hours. Money is tight at the moment. It sounds like they want to genuinely put out a quality product.

Reaction score
Just watched some. Man. As I've said before, I feel that Jim is a nice guy and watching him really try to keep his chin up in the vids makes me really sympathize for him and his team. Shit must be intense over at the S7 camp since the shitstorms.

EDIT: After fully watching the vids. His team looks like a bunch of f*ck offs. Jim's, like, sweaty and worried while these guys are nonchalant and chillin'.

Interesting.

EDIT 2: I'm high and don't wanna seem like an asshole, but a few of the guys in the vids seemed a little "whatever-the-f*cky".

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT: After fully watching the vids. His team looks like a bunch of f*ck offs. Jim's, like, sweaty and worried while these guys are nonchalant and chillin'.

Dude, you should've seen the first vid that is now private. In that one he goes off on his unhappy customers with all sorts of insults. That was the bad one.

Rev.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
They probably have had the OK to fix up old B stocks and sell em as they wish. Those are probably ones with worm holes that never had the walnut tops glued on or were removed. Or maybe they just started building them recently, figuring its a sure sell since they need money bad, but say they are older B stocks. :ugh:

Jim basically said that in one of the videos. I'm not sure they're all B stocks, but either returns or guitars that were being made as production stock. It'll be interesting to see if he still tries to get three grand for them, given what's happened recently.

underthecurve

Reaction score
If these are indeed B stocks, I wonder if S7 is marking them as such? Companies usually put a little b stock stamp or 2nd stamp on them. This seems important because in the future when someone is evaluating the guitar, if they were to find a manufacturing defect, it wouldn't reflect poorly on the name as a whole.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
^ those bodens look terrible IMO. Thanks for that 14 min vid, wow jim is just making himself look so bad. i kinda feel sympathetic is that weird?

SimonEriksson

Reaction score
I only knew about S7 because of Ola Englund, despite that I live rather close to the great Ola Strandberg.

I feel sorry for Jim, I truly do, I get that some of the guitars they've made haven't been perfect but the guy seems like a good guy and I can understand his frustration.

That being said, the saying "don't bite off more than you can chew" seems appropriate here. They (s7) could obviously not handle the task given to them.

I hope that the new Washburn Strandberg guitars will be great and I hope Jim and S7 get back on their feet and that their future guitars will be great.

Reaction score
Dude, you should've seen the first vid that is now private. In that one he goes off on his unhappy customers with all sorts of insults. That was the bad one.

Rev.

True. Maybe that's why they're private now. I wish there was a way to see them. This whole thing is like an interactive, dramatic novel with videos and shit. I'm sincerely interested.

DRTY JRZY!
Thanks for the laugh, bro! :lol::lol::lol:

haha No prob, bud :yesway:

EDIT 2: Nevermind :lol:

7stg

Reaction score
The two videos that are pure comedy are the ones that are now private. The first one is the hour long rant. Here is some of the second one.
Jim and S7G VS Strandberg Trolls:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t7eoz494h481sy/Jim and S7 VS. Strandberg trolls.mp4

Definitely a rant, but if people were complaining about the issues raised in this video they were wrong, not Jim. The finish is done right, If the customer wanted a gloss finish that is what they should have requested. The bridges are installed by the book and function as designed.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Definitely a rant, but if people were complaining about the issues raised in this video they were wrong, not Jim. The finish is done right, If the customer wanted a gloss finish that is what they should have requested. The bridges are installed by the book and function as designed.

That's actually the better video. I watched it first and I was on his side.

Then I saw the second video with him calling out customers by name.

Then I watched another video with him telling the world about his financial problems.

Messy. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')