I got the quote for my 8 string......

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
really? *runs off to google*
huh...well I'll be damned...

I'll stick with my Adidas thank you very much :lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Scott said:
When saying something jokingly, you are obligated to add a smilie afterwards. Doesn't matter what you say, you can type up someones address and say you are going to come by at 8pm and cut them open. If you add a smilie, it's all good :agreed: :lol:

And why the fuck is the ban icon a deodorant stick? Come on people, get like a gun or some kind of weapon or some shit. Something to scare people like decapitation or non-alcoholic beer.

oh yeah woops.

I'm gonna fuck your mom tonight while she's watching a video of you as a kid :wavey:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
uber_shredo_manifesto said:
oh yeah woops.

I'm gonna fuck your mom tonight while she's watching a video of you as a kid :wavey:

Should probably stick with direct insults. I mean, I could take serious offence to that. I mean, what the hell makes you think we had a camcorder back then? Think about it. :nono: :lol:

Reaction score
Nick1 said:
Ok asshole. I emailed Bill Conklin DIRECTLY!!!!!! :evil:
He quoted me that much. I know about that price list.

nICK1 @! ~~ I believe you, Chief !

You see, 'Prima-Donna' does not just apply to the Surf Music Community.

This applies in large measure
to those who enter the Music Supply Business, be it Amplifiers or Custom Guitars as a 'Craftsman' and become Corporate 'Artisians'.

One Impportant thing about Boutique 'Rack' Guitar makers Worlds is the capacity of their 'Client' to withstand 'Sticker Shock' > purchasing the Supreme Bragging Right of a Custom Instrument ordered from the 'Owner - Craftsman - hiss'selves' at a mind numbing boost 'cause:
"...Hal made it for ME..... we 'Talked'........." ...yak,.....all without 'flinching'.

Other is the Owner quoting you a 'Phat Phigure' - knowing full well you're :flame: 'smoked' & you'd order quickly from the Retail Price List pronto - since it seems the price is going up ..... yak: meet: " Retail Head Trips :nuts: ".

On a Boutique rack guitar from say, Gibson.......: "Custom Shop" ........

the Wood is Kiln Dried > not the 150 year old good stuff....... the instrument is sometimes 'Sized' > being just a slight bit sleeker in dimensions - feels 'fast' & the Finish took know-how and upscale airless sprayers > 90% are built by Luthiers NOT employed by Gibson [ or somepleace like FENDER ] full time.

They're built at the Luthiers homes in their shop or shed or basement on consignment.

With a Luthier, you can arrange a Time to 'sense' the neck as they carve it -
providing them with Input as to the shape and feel > yes ?

Manufacturers like Alembic & Conklin & whoever were an unknown until some 'Known' wanted a Custom done ( sometimes it was done first and then brought to the unknowing Artist for their 'Authorization' - Stanley Clarke from Chick Corea comes to mind for Alembic ) - then word gets around & the orders come in and they hire more people to build > now it's a 'Boutique Rack Custom Factory'.

Violin / Cello makers > , where Carved Tops came from - if you know what you want & they have time and interest to create a slammin chambered body for you - it's different.

Get the neck thru neck cut elsewhere & bring it to them with your Designs.

My on the plan board instrument at present includes a Fibre-Optic kit in it >
lights up the Dot markers on the neck.

First saw this done on an Alembic in Manny's Music - 48th St. NYC -
when Alembic was unknown - Henry / Owner put it in his Sidewalk Show
Window next to a rare one off BURNS Flyte guitar by a British Luthier:
James Ormston Burns.

In that Show Window, Alembic was a natural finish & Fibre Optic marker dots Laseured a sharp pale Blue Light -
probably Made the company Name/sales right there for Alembic 'cause shortly thereafter they were all over Guitar Player Magazine articles and the ears of every New York Studio Player.

milnersXcoupe
NEW YORK

'The Conk / A Conk'

"The Conk originated in the 1920s and was stylized by entertainer Cab Calloway.

The style was an attempt by Black males to straighten their hair to make it look like that of White men, and was accomplished by enduring a truly painstaking process of "relaxing" the hair with a solution dominated by lye (this process was portrayed in the movie Malcolm X.) Many times the hair would turn orange or red or 'Bright Red' hence a Club nickname like: 'Redd' .

In order to keep the humidity from causing the hair to return to its natural curly state, men would wear fabric on their heads called do-rags."

"Some preferred Murray's Pomade, "a hair-dressing for men". It was so thick guys would have to gouge it out of the can, rub it around in their hands and slap it on their heads. Then after dragging a fine-toothed comb through their gooky hair, to keep it smooth they'd put on the forerunner of a doo-rag, which would be one of their mother's old nylons knotted into a "stocking cap". When they were ready to step out, they'd take off the stocking cap and their hair would have a sleek patent-leather appearance."

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm. I see a lock in this thread's future... Can we get an Amen? You're gonna need more than deodorant to get rid of the stench from this dead horse...

milnersXcoupe needs to increase his medication or quit taking it altogether 'cause something just isn't right...

:lol: <- humor.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
Hmm. I see a lock in this thread's future... Can we get an Amen? You're gonna need more than deodorant to get rid of the stench from this dead horse...

Not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')