I hate threads of this nature, but I'm clutching at straws... - girlfriend issues

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I hate threads of this nature, but I'm clutching at straws.

My girlfriend and I have been going strong for a measly two months. When I say "going strong." I *mean* "going strong." I'm the happiest that I've been in quite a while. :)

So, you might say, "CIAM, where's the problem?"

Herein lies the rub:

She's yet to meet the parents.

Yeah, those two months don't seem so measly now, do they? :(

I'm seventeen years old, and have had a girlfriend home before (yes, just one ;)), and my parents were very cool about it. They are, generally speaking, quite easy going people. However, her (that is, my girlfriend) constant putting off of meeting the 'rents is getting to them, and I'm just about at the end of my tether too. :( Her constant ululating that she is far too nervous and scared is beginning to grind me down. I've met her Dad, and he and I have gotten on really well, which I'm thankful for.

So, ss.org, how do I go about getting her over the threshold?

No, JJ, chloroform is *not* an option. :squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
You could be sneaky about it. Go to the mall (we all have to make sacrifices) and have your parents "coinidently be in the same place."

This allows her to meet them, but has the benefit of being brief, as both you and they have things to do, so the meeting can be as short as five minutes.

danenachtrieb

TheGuiltyUnpunished
Reaction score
You could be sneaky about it. Go to the mall (we all have to make sacrifices) and have your parents "coinidently be in the same place."

This allows her to meet them, but has the benefit of being brief, as both you and they have things to do, so the meeting can be as short as five minutes.

that's actually a good idea:lol: yeah dude i don't know man just tell her whats up dude. say "MY MOM IS MAKING MASHED POTATOES RIGHT FUCKING NOW AND IM NOT GOING TO FUCKING MISS IT!" and then make a U-turn away from where you were going to go.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
just be like "just get it overwith and meet them" and then bring her over. actually, have her in the car while you say this - hopefully she's understanding enough not to make a fight out of it.

I remember being pretty nervous about meeting the ex's parents... then i did, and it was fine.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score

There are no malls this far north. There are sheep and fields. :lol:

just be like "just get it overwith and meet them" and then bring her over. actually, have her in the car while you say this - hopefully she's understanding enough not to make a fight out of it.

I remember being pretty nervous about meeting the ex's parents... then i did, and it was fine.

I'm trying to make her see reason, but the same old "I'm too nervous!" keeps coming at me, again and again. :( There's a slight logistical problem there too - I can't drive. :lol:

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
There are no malls this far north. There are sheep and fields. :lol:

So take her to a field and have your parents 'coincedentally' strolling through said field at the same time :lol:

Or..... you walk in front of a moving vehicle. She'll surely then be forced to meet your parents at the hospital, and perhaps she won't be as nervous considering the circumstances. The trick here is to get hit hard enough to get a trip to hospital but not so hard that you suffer serious injury :idea:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Or..... you walk in front of a moving vehicle. She'll surely then be forced to meet your parents at the hospital, and perhaps she won't be as nervous considering the circumstances. The trick here is to get hit hard enough to get a trip to hospital but not so hard that you suffer serious injury :idea:

brilliant

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
get your parents to take you to her house next time you go, and walk you to the door.

I don't know why the hell this girl is so scared of that. I mean i was scared of that, but i had 2 years on the girl and we never even talked up until the week? before i invited her over the first time lol

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
get your parents to take you to her house next time you go, and walk you to the door.

I don't know why the hell this girl is so scared of that. I mean i was scared of that, but i had 2 years on the girl and we never even talked up until the week? before i invited her over the first time lol

I know aye. Hell, i met my missus' entire family on my 3rd day with her :ugh: Scary? Yes. Paralyzing? no.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
thar ya go lol.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
From my experience this is most likely because your girlfriend fears that she will not be up to your parents expectations and you will reject her for this. I would not pressure her. When she is comfortable with your relationship she will make the move.

Forcing her to meet them is like grabbing her hand and shoving it into your pants before she is ready.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
it's nothing like that :lol: i wouldn't want to wait, making a big deal out of nothing is pretty annoying to most people.

sometimes you put yourself in situations you dont really like, for the person you're with.

SargeantVomit

CIRRHOSIS THRASH
Reaction score
Forcing her to meet them is like grabbing her hand and shoving it into your pants before she is ready.

Yeah, you just do it and if she cries tell her to shut up and make you food.

I'm kidding, but really the solution is really easy either way. Next time your girl phones your house (I assume that you live with your parents) and your mom picks up, she's going to be like "*giggle* Is CIAM there please?" and your mom will be like "Yeah just a minute", then when she's waiting for you to pick up the phone get your mom to invite her over for dinner the following weekend. There's no way a girl is going to be able to be like "No thanks" in that situation.

Your girl can say no to you, but there's no way your girl will say no to your mom haha.

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
So take her to a field and have your parents 'coincedentally' strolling through said field at the same time :lol:

:spock:

I thought that it was "GBH." :scratch:

Yeah, you just do it and if she cries tell her to shut up and make you food.

I'm kidding, but really the solution is really easy either way. Next time your girl phones your house (I assume that you live with your parents) and your mom picks up, she's going to be like "*giggle* Is CIAM there please?" and your mom will be like "Yeah just a minute", then when she's waiting for you to pick up the phone get your mom to invite her over for dinner the following weekend. There's no way a girl is going to be able to be like "No thanks" in that situation.

Your girl can say no to you, but there's no way your girl will say no to your mom haha.

That's possible, but she has a tendency to phone my mobile...

ARRRRGH!!! :mad: It's 06:41 - I'm going to go into school and ask her outright. This is making me climb the frickin' walls. :lol:

')