I have 2500 $ what guitar should I get ?

• Thread starter Valnob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a driver licence too :)

Well 500$ for driving school to get a license and lessons might be a really good investment then. Given the nature of this thread, I assume you are a younger dude (that is where most of the 'holy crap I have money give me req' threads come from). But given the nature of automobiles, it is hard to have a successful time with jobs and such without em, especially if you want to play music (can't just carry your amp 3 miles to a gig after all).

I overlooked the importance of a license in my younger years (was too busy playing in bands to learn how to drive) and it cost me a fair bit of time and money in the city, during my education.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
This thread... makes me weep inside.

Do yourself a favor, look for a cheaper used rg7621 or 7620. Its a top notch guitar, and will cost you 600$. That way you can see if you even mesh with 7 strings, AND you still have a lot of coin left over for other, more important things.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
RG1527 wouldn't be a bad choice, either, if you don't mind trems. You could get one for 500-600 and have plenty of coin left.

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
You can get a used car for 2500, it may serve you better than a guitar :lol:

/endthread :lol:

Honestly, not to come off as harsh, but if you have to ask people what to spend $2500 on, you probably shouldn't be spending that kind of cash without knowing what you're getting into. If someone handed me $2500 to spend freely, I'd have a guitar being shipped to me by the end of the day :agreed:

Go try a few Ibanez's out at a local shop and see what you like, if you think 7s are for you, snag a mid-range ibby and do a pickup swap like the other members mentioned.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
/endthread :lol:

But honestly, not to come off as harsh, but if you have to ask people what to spend $2500 on, you probably shouldn't be spending that kind of cash without knowing what you're getting into. If someone handed me $2500 to spend freely, I'd have a guitar being shipped to me by the end of the day :agreed:

Go try a few Ibanez's out at a local shop and see what you like, if you think 7s are for you, snag a mid-range ibby and do a pickup swap like the other members mentioned.

This.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Have Kevin from Electrical Guitar Company build you whatever you can dream up.

Metal guitars should be made of metal!

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Lol stop trying to be his parent and throw some suggestions out there. JP7 is a good one. That guitar plays extremely well. Id personally try to find something a little more obscure though. Mayones is a good bet. You might be able to find a regius used around your price range or at least a setius. PRS is another great brand to look for. You can get a custom 24 in your price range.

Im not certain of the prices of these but check into REK, Strictly 7, RAN.

McBonez

Banned
Reaction score
Give them a call, I have talked to them about getting in a 7 before, instead I used them to price match against L+M as L+M was closer to me than the Toronto store. So I got their price either way :lol:. Canada doesn't really have stores I recommend dealing with online, but if you get them on the phone / in person or email contact with the store you can get just about anything you need.

x2.

Nothing better than LA Music charging your credit card for items they don't have in stock.

element256

Reaction score
I don't want to be a dick, but if you don't know what to get, don't put your money on any guitar at the moment.

You can't go wrong with a JP7, though.

sooooooo what are you saying, dick? Dont get a guitar or get a JP7?

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Not sure what custom guitar companies work out of Canada, or would ship to Canada, but for that kind of money, I would absolutely have a custom build done. You get to choose whatever you want...

Guerilla guitars...

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
*gets neg rep'd for telling him he shouldn't spend it all on a guitar and then tons of other people suggest the same thing*

Unless you're a prodigy under 16, there's no reason for you to have a $2500 instrument when you have TONS of huge expenses coming up in life....

')