I have been frauded, by someone in the UK

• Thread starter Amalloy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Amalloy

Reaction score
Before I Start, I apologize for the bad grammar, I'm to upset to care.

I normally do not really post on Sevenstring.org, but I have been convinced by my friend to see if I can get help - or at least some phone numbers for the authorities in England.

The story goes: I sold my Cymbals too someone in the UK and their payment was put on hold (Supposedly) until the cymbals were shipped. Being desperate to replace some of them, I went along. But it never cleared in to my account.

Then a supposed sum of money was transferred to me accidentally - though it never reached my account. And they want me to forward it all back - before seeing a dime of my money. This is where I drew the line and started making phone calls.

It turns out the phone number on the E-mail was fake, and my e-mails have gone unanswered.

Whats worse is now I'm without my ride for an upcoming show - and can't afford to replace it.

So, I'm looking for phone numbers in England to contact their authorities and get something done about it. As I'm sure Canadian authorities won't do much about it now that the cymbals are in transit. Though I'm still planning on contacting them.

Also it's 'Illegal' to put a hold on a package. So I can't do that...

Please, help me out.

And hopefully at the very least for the people who see this, they won't let it happen to them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Genome

Reaction score
Where did the transaction take place? eBay?

Genome

Reaction score
Ah, I see. And how was the money sent?

Amalloy

Reaction score
Through a Bank transfer, or at least what I thought was a bank transfer. I'm pretty sure now that it was a hoax.

Genome

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure what kind of protection you'll have in that case. Wish I could help more.

Thyber

Reaction score
any law provides a verbal or mail agreement between parties, you'll always be protected, thing is wether the 300 bucks are worth the costs generated by the authorities... ?

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
Aren't bank transfers a non-safe way to do a transaction?

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Aren't bank transfers a non-safe way to do a transaction?

Craigslist basically shoves in your face as soon as you access their site, that bank transfers ARE NEVER OKAY. DO NOT AGREE TO BANK TRANSFERS.

Some people ignore warnings I guess...

Anyways, you shipped the cymbals right? Which means you have an address. Why are you not contacting the authorities at the location you sent the package to? Don't have the authorities' number? Neither do we, here at SS.org. Google is your freind.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Craigslist? Check.
Bank Transer? Check.
International? Check.

Yeah, say goodbye to your goods and/or money. That's the trifecta for getting fucked. Use this as a learning experience. Next time, pay the very small fees wanted by more secure sites/methods like PayPal.

Also, let me guess, you went with the cheapest, less optioned shipping available? That's not going to help either.

Amalloy

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not even sure why I posted this. I feel like a moron for many reasons, including starting this thread. Too much stress, and not enough sleep seems the likely cause.

Lesson learned.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not even sure why I posted this. I feel like a moron for many reasons, including starting this thread. Too much stress, and not enough sleep seems the likely cause.

Lesson learned.

:(

Sorry dude. Getting screwed over is never a fun thing. Like everyone else said, this is a lesson learned. Rest assured now, your wallet will be tighter then a nuns ass.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I'm not sure that over $700 is really a cheap lesson (I know the OP), even if people have been screwed out of more.

')