I have found a new band (deathcore, but give them a listen)

• Thread starter Æxitosus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
Alright so I was listening to XMLM (XM channel 42, and this was before they made it all-metallica...the bastards) and this band, Oceano, came up and they played a song by them, and I was really taken in by it. Their first album came out this tuesday, I bought it and gave it a listen, still loving it. :hbang:

These guys are deathcore, but they are kind of light on the core. To me they sound like a death metal band with a breakdown or 2. I don't know what to really call them, I'm not a genre expert....:scratch:

The only thing I don't like about the band is their singer. He isn't very clear in what he says at all, and that really bothers me in this case...other than that :bowdown:

tell me what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
oh yeah, oceano are a bunch of cock heads dude, i went to a show before i knew them and they were trying to sell off some tickets and i kindly asked "what genre are you guys" laughing "metal dude...brutal shit" walk into the venue

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
They seem like generic "deathcore" to me, true the vocals are pretty unrecognizable.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
yeah dude I'm not jealous of them. They were friends with our old band, we used to play shows often and talk like every day via AIM and what not. And like seriously as soon as they signed their deal with Earache they cut off all communication with us. Believe me, I'd never be jealous of somebody like that. :rofl:

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
yeah dude I'm not jealous of them. They were friends with our old band, we used to play shows often and talk like every day via AIM and what not. And like seriously as soon as they signed their deal with Earache they cut off all communication with us. Believe me, I'd never be jealous of somebody like that. :rofl:

God i hate it when people would do anything like that. I see what you mean

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
I give them points for the unique vocalist, he sounds deep and roary, somewhat rare in deathcore. The riffing is bland though.

It's also cool to see more and more black dudes getting into metal, like the new guitarist Josh in Danza and the Lead singer of We are the Romans.

Æxitosus

Banned
Reaction score
I give them points for the unique vocalist, he sounds deep and roary, somewhat rare in deathcore. The riffing is bland though.

It's also cool to see more and more black dudes getting into metal, like the new guitarist Josh in Danza and the Lead singer of We are the Romans.

who said anything about race?
jk...the singer in Straight Line Stitch is african as well (be politically correct). But they are more metalcore...:ugh:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score

It is "cool" but I hope it doesn't turn into a trendy thing, like having a girl bassist. We're already starting to see WAY too many KillSwitch clones in Baltimore already.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
As long as they are good musicians It shouldn't matter what race they are.

Giamatti

Reaction score
I like this band too, and I'm really liking the vocals, not to everyone's taste, but I find they're a bit "Acacia Strain"-esque, which I love.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
it's pretty by-the-numbers. that's not good enough for my standards.

i hit "play" and continued perusing the forum. the song ended and i didn't even notice for a good 10 minutes or so.
that means it was so uninteresting to me that it didn't even register as anything more than background noise.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score

Josh is currently on drums though!

I took a listen to Oceano a few days ago, pretty good actually!

')