I have found a new band (deathcore, but give them a listen)

• Thread starter Æxitosus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Æxitosus;1486511 said:
who said anything about race?
jk...the singer in Straight Line Stitch is african as well (be politically correct). But they are more metalcore...:ugh:

How is calling a black person "african" any more politically correct than calling them black? I've met many black people and never once have any of them ever been from Africa. I mean, it's fine to call white people "white", but wrong to call black people "black"? I mean, I don't expect people to call me "English-Irish-Dutch-Chinese cross breed". I'm white. As long you you're not adding anything derogatory along with the word black, white, or whatever, I don't see the problem. People are people, music is music, and musicians are musicians regardless of any trait passed on through genetics.

ANYWAY, back on topic. I heard this song a while back and honestly had to change the channel. I'm into a good bit of deathcore (TTEOTD, Winds of Plague, etc) but these guys just don't seem to have anything special about them. But hey, if they can get their stuff out there and people enjoy it, more power to them. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Saw them a while ago and kinda liked it although the singer sounds like a pissed off walrus :lol:
He even kinda moves the way a walrus does

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
You prefer WoP over these guys? :spock:

By a long shot. I didn't check out their other stuff, but this song is probably the most repetitive and boring thing I've heard in quite some time. I love WoP's album, but this song I can't really even listen to all the way through again after hearing it once. Once again though, that's just my opinion and know others will disagree. If you dig them, awesome; they're just not my thing.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Fair enough. I just think WoP is too generic. They took every popular metal method and threw it over a breakdown.

Dan

Reaction score
Fair enough. I just think WoP is too generic. They took every popular metal method and threw it over a breakdown.

Dont agree with that personally, i think WoP are quite versetile musicians, besides writing orcestra over shit like that is one hell of challenge, belive me i have to do it all the time :lol:

Ohh... they have a really fit keys player too, that helps as well

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
I honestly thought that was kind of "meh." Had all the "ingredients" of metal so to speak, but I just didn't connect. :shrug:

omgmjgg

WTFCAKES
Reaction score
:squint: :ugh: rain check plz!

Gave them a listen but again I never could get into deathcore. Opening up with a breakdown seems very typical.

WhitechapelCS

Alpha Incipient
Reaction score
I think they arent bad, I got the pre-order with the CD and sweatshirt etc.
But I do agree with everyone else, their is some good stuff on the album but it can get way to repetitive for me.

Devour3d

Gore Not Core
Reaction score
The riffs bored me and I absolutely cannot stand the vocals. It just sounds like a garbled mess when it comes out of his mouth.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
The riffs bored me and I absolutely cannot stand the vocals. It just sounds like a garbled mess when it comes out of his mouth.
Yeah, I find this type of this type of music to be completely annoying.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
I think they're cool. I like track seven off the album especially (instrumental). I like their use of delay as well - its a heavy moody album. Good driving music IMHO.

')