I have found a new band (deathcore, but give them a listen)

• Thread starter Æxitosus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
The new TAS album, Continent, virtually every song sounds the same to me. Pffffffffff. Suckkkkkahhhhh.

dooredge

Leatherneck
Reaction score
all of acacia strain sounds the same to me :squint:
but that is just me

You well may be correct! ;) I was given the new album (haven't heard their previous stuff), placed it in the cd player in my car and like a 1/2 hour later I thought I was still listening to the same song. Either that or my cd player kept skipping and I was too high on crack to make out the difference. :D

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I like The Acacia Strain a lot. Their new album (Continent) was good but not great. I personally like their last album (The Dead Walk) a lot, that album is heavy as hell and just an angry record all around. It's good music for what it is.

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
Thats bc their singer does Inhales...they're not supposed to be clear or recognizable...

:scratch:

i think the heaviest death vocals are the ones that can be understood. like old cliff barnes [old cannibal corpse], mikael akerfeldt [opeth], raymond rohonyi [theatre of tragedy].

it takes a lot away when it's just random roared syllables that are supposedly lyrics.
why do they even bother writing lyrics? (i'm serious--i have one demo song by a death band with just roaring from before they had lyrics for the song and it sounds the same as some of these unintelligible death vocalists)

brahminlead

Reaction score
Thats bc their singer does Inhales...they're not supposed to be clear or recognizable...

Nope. My band played with them recently and there is no fucking way. The soundman left when they were setting up, leaving the volume super low on the vocals (pulled the same bullshit with us too), then after about ten seconds of barely hearing him, he started belting them out. There's just no way they could've been inward.

')