I have put this off for WAY too long!!

• Thread starter jats
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jats

Need more sleep.
Reaction score
Howdie! :wavey:

I'm Josh and the amount of times I have been on these forums over the years is ridiculous!! I have no idea why I haven't joined sooner, I almost feel like I know some of you already and I haven't even had an account.

At first I thought it was a bit of a niche site, but over the years it has really proved to be a staple site for many things music related, not just for 7 string guitar which is good because it gets more people into the ERG world. :agreed:

*****ANYWAY*****

I live in a town a couple hours south of Perth, Western Australia. I played on and off from about 8 but only buckled into it when I was about 16, although I only really started playing when I finished school. Then in 2008 I got my first 7 string, my S7230, and it from around then that my ears started to develop and music started to change for me. I guess it is like that with music, the more you live the further down the rabbit hole you go and you pay attention to all these little details you never used to, and the more you hear the more you realize there is to hear. I don't know maybe it's just me, but I feel pretty safe to assume that it's like that for most people here. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm a little .. :nuts:

The past year I actually haven't been playing heaps, I have just been absorbing as much as I can out of different styles and just trying to find new artists, you never know when you will stumble upon a good audio-gasm!!

I work through the first half of the night, then play guitar/sit on internet, then sleep through most of the day from when most people have their breakfast.

I'm sure ss.org will probably become somewhat of an addiction (hopefully a good one) and I hope to meet a lot of good musicians to collaborate with

***My Aim***

I have been planning out a big project I guess somewhere in the experimental/progressive realm influenced by all kinds of music and bands like Meshuggah, the Red Chord, Animals as Leaders, Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, Born of Osiris, Counting Crows, Blotted Science, Jesu, Gojira .. I'm going to stop there. I basically want to encapsulate everything from sparkling cleans to the most brutal passages, from standard structures to tech-polyrythmic-djent-core-whateverthehell, across a vast plane of tempos to reflect many moods.

It would be good to collaborate with people of all playing styles to get the best out of all areas of my project and with help from the internet and home recording setups I really see no drama in colab. with people of all countries :)
I guess no matter how diverse you are, it's good to have other players to fill in where you fall short, and I can finish this project to the level I hope to all by myself. It takes a group of good minds :D

The main thing is I want it all to flow well to be listened to in it's entirety, I guess because I grew up on Darkside of the Moon and then later became obsessed with BTBAM's 'colors' and I get irritated by a lot of bands that try to mish and mash genre's or moods either within the same song or across an album - either way it usually seems fragmented or something.
I think what you want to listen to deeply comes down to what mood you're in and what you feel like, and because music has the power to alter moods I want to make and album that you can put on and have it take you into each section fluently and without hesitation, instead of getting half way and not feeling it because it got too heavy or too soft.

I don't know, I'm rambling because I didn't sleep last night. I better go have a sleep before work, look forward to becoming part of this community and hopefully meet some like-minded people to collaborate with.

If you managed to hang on through that then thanks for taking the time, and see you around I'm sure!!

:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antipode

Reaction score
Hi Josh and welcome. My eldest boy and his family just moved to Bunbury and I think there's a few others from Waiheke there too. Just yell "Waiheke - Go the Mighty Rams" at the supermarket and your family will grow heaps :) Good people. Rick

jats

Need more sleep.
Reaction score
Hi Josh and welcome. My eldest boy and his family just moved to Bunbury and I think there's a few others from Waiheke there too. Just yell "Waiheke - Go the Mighty Rams" at the supermarket and your family will grow heaps :) Good people. Rick

Oh really!? Is his name Kayden? Because there was a NZ guy working with me for a while named Kayden and that would be a amazing coincident, haha.

jats

Need more sleep.
Reaction score
i know what you mean about rabbit holes :p

haha, I just saw the new Alice in Wonderland too.

But yes, there is an overgrowing world of music that was already huge, but now with the net I think it would be impossible not to be able to find new stuff that fits your needs.. unless you went deaf! :noplease:

')