I just got a Darkglass MT Infinity, and I have questions….

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This isn’t officially a NGD, so don’t expect pictures, lol.

I haven’t gotten a new modeler is yeeeeears, so I’m out of the loop. Here’s what I’m wondering:

1) I get a significant hum/buzz when the noise gate isn't up a decent amount. It's the type that goes away if I touch the strings/jack/pedal (and I'm using humbuckers, multiple basses, multiple cables, multiple power supplies, multiple outlets to test it all). I'm assuming that this is just regular sort of touch-the-strings-to-ground-it type of a hum, BUT what's weird is if I plug the USB cable in (and into the computer) it completely goes away. So either the cable is completing the ground, or the noise gate settings are not saved internally to the pedal. Anyone have any idea?

2) I've never had a modeler that had no on-off switch. Am I to assume that I just unplug this every time I want to turn it off? Or am I missing some sort of trick to power it down?

3) what all can I plug into this? I’m assuming online instrument level stuff, and not another preamp. And on that topic, I have a Sansamp Classic pedal. I’d like to use that I to the infinity, and just bypass the infinity, effectively using the DG pedal as a headphone amplifier. But I can’t find any definitive information on the output level of the Sansamp - ie whether it’s instrument or line.

4) this is really in the weeds on this, but there’s room for 6 presets- A B C D E F. D E F are switchable via midi only. But when I call up a new preset, and choose the save location, I get the choice of A or B or C or D/E/F. Wtf is that? I’m not sure why it’s lumping D E F all together as one location.

Anyone got any insight on these? I feel like a 5 year old.

(FWIW, this thing sounds FABULOUS!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll be that guy - you checked the manual, yeah? Website faq? That should cover everything except #1 and if it doesnt, ugh. Those are reasonable questions.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’ll be that guy - you checked the manual, yeah? Website faq? That should cover everything except #1 and if it doesnt, ugh. Those are reasonable questions.
Yep. Checked the manual, FAQs, Reddit, Talkbass, and even checked that drawer in the kitchen filled with random shit, cuz you never know what you’ll find in there.

I need one of those “…the missing manual” books boomers get for phones, lol. Or a “Darkglass for Dummies” book. The manual is just super basic. As far as I can tell I just have to unplug the unit each time. The lack of anything in the manual otherwise indicates that there is no way to turn it off. I miss the old Line 6 manuals that were as thick as a book, and taught you everything, cracking dad jokes along the way.

I’ll prolly just email support for the other questions, if no one knows off the top of their head.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd think unplugging to power off shouldn't be an issue, and running the pedal before or after any other pedal should be no problem.

No clue on the noise and patch access via midi. Seems like stuff that should be in a manual but I'd hit their customer/tech support for a definitive answer.

')