I just got an Otterbox case

Reaction score
For my Samsung Vibrant. This is by far the best case i've ever used, and if you're in the market for a case for your smart phone, look no further. I don't know why I waited so long, but now I feel like my phone is encased in stone. I wish they made more colors like they do for the iphone versions. So anyhow, anybody else got one? Commuter was my only option for the vibrant, but i'm curious to see the differences in the series and what I may be missing out on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ The Defender is a lot more insane so far as protection goes, and far more heavy duty. Unfortunately it's also slightly bigger, but it's great if (like me) you're a complete fucking tool when it comes to dropping your phone as it's got a completely enclosed screen cover.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep I have a Defender case on my iPhone 4. Great protection if you don't mind the fact that the slimmest smartphone on the market is now a brick! :lol: I've dropped it accidentally a few times (slipped out of my pocket) and those few times I've been thankful I had the case on there! :yesway: Otterbox makes good stuff.

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't dropped mine since I got the case (oh the irony), but i'm very confident in it's abilities. I didn't put the screen protector on initially, but i'm very glad I did. It feels smooth like butter :) the only thing i'm bummed about is the color. I would have loved some variety, but oh well, i'll sacrifice color for unbridled protection.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
My nephew had an otterbox on his iphone 3gs. Think it was the Defender...huge, unbreakable sumbitch.

We took turns throwing it against the wall for like 15 minutes. :lol:

Damned good products

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Otter Boxes are tough to beat. My friends have had a lot of luck with the OB's they bought for their iPhones, but my other friend bought one for his BB Torch and the front was prone to cracking. Luckily, he called Otter Box and the express shipped him a full replacement. :yesway:

Reaction score
Yeah, their customer service is legit. They've said that the black commuter is the only case they plan on making for the Galaxy S series, but if they start making the other series/colors, they'll allow you to trade in your current case for one of those. I'll do that in a heartbeat if they start making other colors. I'm so tired of black.

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
I love my Defender for my Blackberry. It came out of its holder at about 28' off the ground. I watched it bounce a few times. All I had to do was was off the dirt

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
Dude the galaxy S kicks the shit out of everything. i love that phone and am now going to get the otter box for it.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
just ordered the otter box. should be here tomorrow. i believe they only make one model for the i9000 galaxy s. and i think it does have a screen protector.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
Matt have you downloaded the snes immulator for your phone? i was playing metroid like 55mins ago.

Reaction score
Do you have to get a separate screen protector or is it part of the Otterbox?

I'm only familiar with two series, the commuter and defender, and both come with screen protectors. The defender has a built in screen protector, and the commuter has a self adhering protector, kinda like putting on a contact lense. It's awesome!

just ordered the otter box. should be here tomorrow. i believe they only make one model for the i9000 galaxy s. and i think it does have a screen protector.

Yeah, they make a commuter for each brand's version of the galaxy s. As far as I know, they have slightly varying dimensions, so one case might not fit all of em. I love the screen protector that came with mine. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Matt have you downloaded the snes immulator for your phone? i was playing metroid like 55mins ago.

Nah I haven't. I'll hit up the market in a sec. Do you, or anyone else here, play words with friends? Hit me up, my name is derpnowitzki.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
derpnowitski or dirknowitski? just wanting to double check. also you should check out doodle jump. that game is the shit.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll be getting a Defender for my iPod Touch when I repair the screen, so it won't break again.

I hope they'll eventually make cases for the Coby Kyros MID7015.

myampslouder

Reaction score
I had a defender on my htc hero. Fuckin badass and anytime i had a prob the just sent me a replacement. I'm crazy hard on phones cuz I work for a water company and I'm clumsy to the point of it being just sad. Through all the abuse i put it through my htc hero in the defender case looks totally new after 6 months. The case on the other hand looks like it crashed through the gates of hell sideways twice

')