I just got trolled in real life...

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
by my own fucking dad! This is what happened, I had just wrapped up giving my first guitar lesson to the daughter of a woman I work with and thought it went pretty well so I was talking to my dad about it (keep in mind he's one of those people that when he drinks beer is that he becomes a real life fucking Wikipedia... or so he thinks) who then proceeds to tell me that I was wrong in my teaching and that I should be teaching her how to play open chords instead of "fooling around with teaching her how to tune the damn thing and all that technical crap, just teach her how to sit down and play it!" He then proceeds to tell me that I was using the wrong picks (I play Jazz III's and gave my student some medium Dunlop Tortex ones to use) and how with a thick pick is that "you can't get that brushed with a feather sound like you can with a thin pick" in which I responded with "don't pick like a goddamn cave man and you can :squint:" and even showed him in which case he still said I was wrong

TL;DR drunk dad who butchered playing "Stairway to Heaven" on my guitar and called me a n00b.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i would start off teaching her a couple easy song rhythms. and also hand her a variety of picks to try at home to see what she likes. get into the technical stuff after you have her FULL interest ;)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad trolls me almost daily. :lol:

Him and I have a business together, and we have adjoining offices. A friend of mine does some selling for us on the side, and he usually works out of my dad's office. Every once in a while, I'll hear my dad yell from the other room "hey, what's taking so long with that?" and stuff. When I'm in my "manstration" moment, around 1pm, busting my balls = grounds for fisticuffs. I'll come into his off, curse him out and sit back down at my office fuming... fast forward to lunchtime and my friend's like "You know, before he pisses you off, he's always like 'hey, watch this' *snicker*"

Bastards.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
i would start off teaching her a couple easy song rhythms. and also hand her a variety of picks to try at home to see what she likes. get into the technical stuff after you have her FULL interest ;)

I didn't exactly know where a good starting point would be considering that she knows absolutely nothing about guitar so I figured that starting out by going over all the parts of the guitar and how to tune would be good as it starts teaching her how to train her ear, which to my surprise she caught on pretty quickly, so from there I just kinda winged it and I went into teaching her how to read tabs and got her started learning a chromatic exercise to get her fingers used to being on the fretboard and using all 4 fingers.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
My dad trolls me almost daily. :lol:

Him and I have a business together, and we have adjoining offices. A friend of mine does some selling for us on the side, and he usually works out of my dad's office. Every once in a while, I'll hear my dad yell from the other room "hey, what's taking so long with that?" and stuff. When I'm in my "manstration" moment, around 1pm, busting my balls = grounds for fisticuffs. I'll come into his off, curse him out and sit back down at my office fuming... fast forward to lunchtime and my friend's like "You know, before he pisses you off, he's always like 'hey, watch this' *snicker*"

Bastards.

Yeah, that'd totally piss me off but then I'd probably end up laughing about it 5 mins later like a total bi-polar "manstrating" bastard.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, usually that's what he uses as a barometer for whether or not it's lunch time yet. Afterward, we usually go to the Italian restaurant down the street for beer. :lol:

littlephil

Reaction score
You should have started with the Glass Prison arpeggio's :lol:
Sounds like its time to get one of those "No Stairway!" signs!

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Now he's doing his usual drunken routine of watching a movie (usually something along the lines of Armageddon) while cooking some fish sticks and fries in the oven that he'll forget about 5 mins later which will end up in stinking up the whole house.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Now he's doing his usual drunken routine of watching a movie (usually something along the lines of Armageddon) while cooking some fish sticks and fries in the oven that he'll forget about 5 mins later which will end up in stinking up the whole house.
Dude, you can stop this.

At least this one time. :lol:

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, you can stop this.

At least this one time. :lol:

Actually he just took the food out of the oven, he's eating now, volume on tv is turned up so loud that the whole entire town can hear it, I actually have head phones on right now and I'm not even listening to music on my PC. It won't be long now, after the troll eats he will drift into a deep slumber.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
large amounts of lul's were had for this thread

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Is it really trolling if he doesn't realize he's doing it because it's just a behavioral change caused by the alcohol?

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Good news, I talked to the mom of the girl I'm teaching today and she said her daughter went home and practiced everything I showed last night so that makes me feel quite awesome to know that I've made that much of an impact already.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Good news, I talked to the mom of the girl I'm teaching today and she said her daughter went home and practiced everything I showed last night so that makes me feel quite awesome to know that I've made that much of an impact already.

:yesway:

Positive feedback is always good

')