I just impulse-bought a guitar.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Did you use the Guitar Center coupon Chris? Nice axe.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibby bridge. Didn't use the coupon, didn't even plan on buying an axe today. :lol:

It has typical GC-rack fit/finish issues though. I'm going over it now, just shit like loose screws, the output jack needs to be resoldered, and it needs some Eric's Guitar Polish Kit lovin'.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That looks really cool man. [Insert 'if it were a 7' cliche here]. Looks really nice. I had a Steve's Special in a Parker guitar recently, they sound pretty good but are a lot brighter than I thought, even in an all mahogany guitar. I disagree with DiMarzio that the Steve Special sounds like the Blaze. Either way its a kickass pickup.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Your pic story was so cool, I'm dissapointed at the quality of those photos.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Your pic story was so cool, I'm dissapointed at the quality of those photos.

I'll take better ones when it's all cleaned and shit. I've been playing it. :fawk:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Fuck this shit.

WHAT is in the damn box?!

:lol:

Seriously. What is in the fucking box, dude? :mad:

:scratch: Stumped.
:rofl:

SWEET looking guitar!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet shit dude, 80 dollars off that biotch would be sick \m/

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool! Donnie's gonna FREAK when he sees this! He's been dying to get his hands on one of those!

I wouldn't mind one myself, but no one has the RG5 here. They have the RG2, RG3 AND RG4s though.

TAKE SOME VERY DETAILED PICS PLEASE! This'll help me decide how bad I want one of those. :lol:

Congrats!

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll snap some better pics tomorrow. We all know how dark my house is at night. :lol:

I really like it though, and for friggin' $400 it was a no-brainer. Everything on it is gunmetal, the bridge, the tuners, the pickup rings, etc. The only downside is that:

- The trem bar is black
- I can't fucking lock it right now because (see my other post) the low screw isn't long enough to fit 11's. :(

I need a Tremol-No now. :idea:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
nyck said:
Maybe if he gets one in the mail, he could take it to GC along with the receipt.

The only thing I really buy there are picks and strings anyway, I think this is the most I've ever actually spent there.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
The only things I buy at music stores now are picks. Everything else is through the internet.

')