I just impulse-bought a guitar.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'll snap some better pics tomorrow. We all know how dark my house is at night. :lol:

I really like it though, and for friggin' $400 it was a no-brainer. Everything on it is gunmetal, the bridge, the tuners, the pickup rings, etc. The only downside is that:

- The trem bar is black
- I can't fucking lock it right now because (see my other post) the low screw isn't long enough to fit 11's. :(

I need a Tremol-No now. :idea:
i can tell you that that gunmetal stuff will come off, and it'll just be shiny metal again, my RGT42 had that kind of hardware, and it kind of sucks after a year or so

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's fucked up that the screws are bullshitting you...and I'm surprised some ignorant fuck bid on that scam.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll certainly appreciate it, just so long as the 7 doesn't have the single coil in the middle to homofy it.

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, you'll have to tell us how the Edge III holds up. I've heard people say it's pretty decent for a non-MIJ trem.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
I'll certainly appreciate it, just so long as the 7 doesn't have the single coil in the middle to homofy it.

:lol: I like the single in the middle, actually. :D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
^lol, I hate ones with pole-pieces because somehow my pick sticks on them :lol:, rails are awesome, though.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol, and I don't pick very deeply either which is the strange part.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Elysian said:
i wish they'd make a single coil x2n :lol:

Actually, that would be incredibly awesome! I would snag a couple of them up right away. …oh wait, they would have to be designed for sevens, of course… :)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Actually, that would be incredibly awesome! I would snag a couple of them up right away. …oh wait, they would have to be designed for sevens, of course… :)
imagine a guitar with 2 hums and a single, all x2n7's :drool: would be quite great... or how bout a 7 string strat with x2n7 singles, man thatd be amazing i think

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think they should just sell them as singles...then you could fit as many as possible in between the neck and bridge.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The strat would be pretty badass! I was thinking something with an extended fretboard and a single coil X2N7 in the neck position, slanted for maximum bass on the bass side.

I wish I knew more about magnetic pickups, I'd really like to design my own someday.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
Nothing elaborate. However... How can you pass up a flat gray finish with neck binding, a reverse headstock and sharkfins? :D
That is one sharp looking guitar, nice score, Chris, congrats. :yesway:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
bostjan said:
The strat would be pretty badass! I was thinking something with an extended fretboard and a single coil X2N7 in the neck position, slanted for maximum bass on the bass side.

I wish I knew more about magnetic pickups, I'd really like to design my own someday.
i might be inclined to see if theres a way to easily split up an x2n into 2 pickups in the future, i really would like to have x2n singles, and i think it could be done. though they wouldn't be hum cancelling anymore and that would suck lol, well if the middle was reverse polarity of the neck and bridge, if you were in the 2nd or 4th spot it would be, but then you have a humbucker anyways.... itd still be cool, and maybe if i did it itd make dimarzio realize the err of their ways and make an x2n single hahaha

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
ISPDecimatorBig.jpg

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Elysian said:
i might be inclined to see if theres a way to easily split up an x2n into 2 pickups in the future, i really would like to have x2n singles, and i think it could be done. though they wouldn't be hum cancelling anymore and that would suck lol, well if the middle was reverse polarity of the neck and bridge, if you were in the 2nd or 4th spot it would be, but then you have a humbucker anyways.... itd still be cool, and maybe if i did it itd make dimarzio realize the err of their ways and make an x2n single hahaha

Start a new thread for the damn X2N, you whore. :lol:

')