I just impulse-bought a guitar.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
nice score, Chris! you're making me feel like it's about damn time for me to pull the trigger on some guitar-fix-er-up-er supplies!

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
fuk'n creepy Chris! I have one of those sitting at my desk at work. I am strangely attracted to it, and the reversed headstock is very alluring. I also have a 7321 sitting right next to it.

~A

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice score. What trem is on that? Looks like a Lo TRS?

That's how I got my RGEX3 GC special - just walked in and went "Wow" and the price was nice. Is this the only Ibanez you have?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
For a second I thought that said "I have 4 boys" lol.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Very cool! Donnie's gonna FREAK when he sees this! He's been dying to get his hands on one of those!

I wouldn't mind one myself, but no one has the RG5 here. They have the RG2, RG3 AND RG4s though.

TAKE SOME VERY DETAILED PICS PLEASE! This'll help me decide how bad I want one of those. :lol:

Congrats!
Yep.
I was going to order one. And for a stupidly killer price(as Shannon knows). But, some shit came up.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It is kinda like a PGM300 with fins and pickup rings. Neat guitar. It needs some flat black or gray pickups, though, for that completely "stealth" look. Maybe get some gray bobbin toppers and spray 'em with some matte polyurethane.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Nice axe Chris

What are the tuners like? THe ones on my rg3 are kind of crap --I'm guessing it has the same ones....tho with a locking nut it wouldnt matter as much..

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
i'm just worried about the trem cause i use the trem alot and yea... how does it hold up to vigorous use? can it flutter well? sorry for the questions but I NEED TO KNOW!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have yet to play an Edge III, but word on the street is it's an improvement over the Lo-TRS. Still no Edge, but then again, Chris owns mostly fixed bridge guitars, so this one's bridge kicks the crap out of everything else he owns... :wub:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Lo-TRS really was always stable for me on my Sabers. Then again, I never used the trem anyways so maybe my opinion is worthless :)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
theunforgiven246 said:
i'm just worried about the trem cause i use the trem alot and yea... how does it hold up to vigorous use? can it flutter well? sorry for the questions but I NEED TO KNOW!

So far so good. I've been whammyin' my ass off the past two days. Flutter, not so good - it has a push-in-padded style bar that I've never seen before (though I'm a hardtail guy). It's like a little rubber sleeve it slides into. It flutters a bit, but not quite as well as some of the higher end trems.

j7899

Reaction score
Elysian said:
i wish they'd make a single coil x2n :lol:

BKP's makes the sinner, which is the closest you could get.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
The Lo-TRS really was always stable for me on my Sabers. Then again, I never used the trem anyways so maybe my opinion is worthless :)

Lo-TRS or Lo-TRS7? Vince swears the quality on the TRS7 is a bit higher than that on the reglar TRS6, and that it performs nearly as well as an edge... The TRS6 is junk, though - no worse than any other cheap liscensed floyd on the market, but not nearly in the same league as the Edge (which, IMO, is the best Floyd design you can buy).

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The 7, I'm referring to the model on my S7420FM :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, evidently they're a different trem than the 6-string version.

Um, I mean the build quality - obviously they're different, you've got an extra string. :lol:

giannifive

Occasional Poster
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Lo-TRS or Lo-TRS7? Vince swears the quality on the TRS7 is a bit higher than that on the reglar TRS6, and that it performs nearly as well as an edge... The TRS6 is junk, though - no worse than any other cheap liscensed floyd on the market, but not nearly in the same league as the Edge (which, IMO, is the best Floyd design you can buy).
Be careful here, there's a Lo-TRS and a Lo-TRS II. The first is made in Japan and comes in a 6- and 7-string version, while the second is made in Korea, has only come in 6-string form, and is of poor quality.

I have the TRS7 on my RG7420 and it holds its tune really well. Almost as well as the Edge Pro on my RG1570.

')