I just refinished my lefty ESP M-207, help!

• Thread starter Shauncxc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shauncxc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post. This past week I've been refinishing my M-207 and I filled in the neck pickup cavity and the switch and tone knob holes. I put a couple coats of primer on, and then a couple coats of the flat black paint I wanted to use. It looks awesome, but my question is this. I can still tell where the different wood I used/the wood filler I used are on the guitar. Its not terrible, but in the right light its all I can focus on. Is there anyway to make these spots less recognizable? Do I need more coats of paint? This is my first time ever doing this and I've basically been using directions right from this forum and projectguitar.com.

Thank you for your help in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slay

Reaction score
i dont get your question.

Are you saying you can see spots where you put wood filler?

Are you saying you only put wood filler in certain spots?

Shauncxc

Reaction score
I put the wood filler in the tone knob hole and the pickup selector hole. I also put the wood filler around where I put the wood in for the neck pickup cavity. And yes, after spraying it with a couple coats I can still tell where I put the wood filler, which I don't want.

Sorry for the confusion.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Apparently a good way is to stick a wooden block in the hole (or you could just do it with some filler) and then when you have it flush with the top you take a dremel or something and route a channel along the small edge.

Then you fill that route with filler and sand flush and it apparently makes the lines harder to see if you can even seen them at all.

Edit - You can see it here on this link to a tutorial on how to fill in a trem cavity to convert to hardtail.

url --------> http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht2.htm

Gaz

')