I just...

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
spent three hours troubleshooting a dead segment of a network before I figured out that I accidentally unplugged one of the cat5 cables on the patch panel :lol: Turns out that the cable just pulled back enough to not be a good connection, but looked as if it were still plugged into the spot. I finally noticed, and pushed it in further and it clicked. :squint:

You know. I'm surprised I'm not upset about this. I just find it funny that I did something so stupid.

Alright.. Now since this thread is otherwise pointless, share your tech blunders so that we all may learn from your mistakes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
d'oh!

providing minor tech support to my friends can sometimes prove to be a major pain in the ass. there's been a few times where they've said, "oh wait, should this be plugged in?"

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Putting laptops back together that come in for warranty, you almost always end up with screws left over. I just check over the case, make sure all the external screws are in place, shrug and say fuck it :lol:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
When I replaced the pickup in my Ibanez AX112XL and plugged in for the first time I was getting really low levels out of the guitar and a high pitch squeel from the amp and figured I had screwed up my first soldering job.

Then I remembered my shitty cable and shitty input jack on the amp, wiggled it for a second, and then went like this:
:woohoo:

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
I killed a $500 server board and a pair of Xeon's.....Uh yea it's good to unplug a server when you are about to swap hardware....Bone head move haha, that shit happens when you have too many things going on at once.

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
Lab and production network boxes with the same names are a no-no. Thought I was in a lab box, ended up being in a production box. Disabling a dynamic routing protocol on a production box is a BIG no-no. Whoops!