I know this is a silly question - But what are some cool guitar straps?

• Thread starter mm66554
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mm66554

Reaction score
Does anyone know some cool designed guitar straps? A locking mechanism would be an advantage. There are too many to go through.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
After the first time I owned a nice leather strap they are now my favorite - but they have to be the padded type. There are a bunch of companies that make them in designs, just search through MusiciansFriend. I just leave the strap on the guitar all the time and never have needed to worry about locks. If I had to keep removing the strap then I would as the holes would get soft and stretched, doesn't happen though really if you leave it on.

Rev.

natspotats

Reaction score
the planet waves guitar straps that lock onto any guitar. i have one and it has never failed me

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey those Planet Waves ones, do they scratch up the guitar? I've looked at them before and the lock are large pieces of plastic. I always wondered don't they scratch up around the strap mounts from moving around?

Rev.

mm66554

Reaction score
the planet waves guitar straps that lock onto any guitar. i have one and it has never failed me

I've just been looking at those. They are really nice and come in lots of designs, the Levi's leather padded straps seem cool too.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
what if i were wanting a neoprene "stretchy" strap, what brand would offer the best quality there? right now im using this big ass leather strap and its just a wee bit on the big side.

boltzthrower

Reaction score
Hey those Planet Waves ones, do they scratch up the guitar? I've looked at them before and the lock are large pieces of plastic. I always wondered don't they scratch up around the strap mounts from moving around?

They scratch the shit out of it.

Levi's wide leather padded FTW /

Ckackley

Reaction score
Die Hard Levy's user here. Strong, comfortable, and you can get about anything you want. Add a set of Strap Loc's and you're set.

Drop-A

Reaction score
I just leave the strap on the guitar all the time and never have needed to worry about locks. If I had to keep removing the strap then I would as the holes would get soft and stretched, doesn't happen though really if you leave it on.

Rev.

I can personally confirm that the holes can get stretched and ruined even if you never take it off. The sheer weight of the guitar itself ruined the holes on my leather strap after a few years of use. But maybe it was just a shitty strap.

I use this sort of strap locking mechanism, which doesn't require any drilling or modification to the strap mounts or the guitar.

xiphoscesar

Reaction score
I can personally confirm that the holes can get stretched and ruined even if you never take it off. The sheer weight of the guitar itself ruined the holes on my leather strap after a few years of use. But maybe it was just a shitty strap.

I use this sort of strap locking mechanism, which doesn't require any drilling or modification to the strap mounts or the guitar.

what guitar strap is that?

')