I love Country Music.

• Thread starter No Soul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
And that guy from the White Stripes is one badass guitarist! Yeahoo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rx

Reaction score
since the quality control of both companies are on par imo, i'm thinking just a few agiles can match the quality of good gibsons. agiles are really great though, they use some high-quality parts (as in brand-name and bone/graphite nuts, etc) not to mention they only cost a fraction of gibsons. either way, I won't buy either guitars without playing them first!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Country Roxorz! (c)rap Suxors! watz te best peddle for cuntryl? alan jackson is so hott!!!!11!

/harmony central

rx

Reaction score
Drew said:
Agile Roxorz! Gibson Suxors! watz te best peddle for metal? i like bands like Averil Lavignune and Blink-182!!!

/harmony central

you gotta be shittn me. a typical harmony central forumite is an elitist... it's harmony-central that turned ME into an elitist. i banned myself from that place because i was spending too much time there. now i miss that place. :(

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Gibson is very capable of making world class guitars, and for some niches and price points, they absolutely do. However.....solid body electrics aren't one of those niches (unless you want to spend 5 grand plus for a flametop Paul or something).
Agile?

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
No Soul said:

I heard he has an instructional DVD coming out soon to unlock the mystery of his technique. :yesway: :cool:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
rx said:
you gotta be shittn me. a typical harmony central forumite is an elitist... it's harmony-central that turned ME into an elitist. i banned myself from that place because i was spending too much time there. now i miss that place. :(

Harmony Central is one large overblown flame war. It's only elitist because every time someone buys a $3000 head, they defend it to the death there. It's so narrow-minded I couldn't bring myself to keep posting.

-D

rx

Reaction score
Drew said:
Harmony Central is one large overblown flame war. It's only elitist because every time someone buys a $3000 head, they defend it to the death there. It's so narrow-minded I couldn't bring myself to keep posting.

-D

did you see how many members that place has? it's inevitable you're gonna see a lot of stupidity. among the members there are stupid ones and intelligent ones. if you take a poll in the states, you're gonna come across people who are very opinionated and people who are very open. it's just the distribution and diversity of people. and with a large forum like HC, there's a diffusion of responsibility. so more people there are, the less effort people try to act realistic.

let's face it - once sevenstring.org acquires enough members, there will be some stupidity and close-mindedness diffused among the population. it's inevitable.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
rx said:
if you take a poll in the states, you're gonna come across people who are very opinionated and people who are very open.

*resisting urge to make political comment*

;)

Yeah, but the fact HC's also largely unmoderated also contributes to the fact things tend to get way out of hand there quickly. There'll be idiots everywhere, but there'll be more idiots in places that don't try to turn them away, you know?

-D

seven skrang

Reaction score
No Soul said:
oh defenitely one of the planets best shredders, jazz composers, yeah jack white isnt a complete idiot or anything i mean only a genius guitist would say " i love when my guitar goes out of tune".

seven skrang

Reaction score
telecaster90 said:
I don't see what the big deal is about country.
there are some country pickin' virtuosos out there believe it or not john5 from marilyn manson is one, and you probably seen jimmy brown somewhere.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I woudn't call John5 a "country pickin virtuoso" - he's a surprisingly well rounded guitarist who, while he's got the chicken pickin' technique down cold, can't really be pidgeonholed in any one genre.

I'd also like to point out there's a difference between country (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, et al) and pop with pedal steel (country top 40, crap like "Save a horse, ride a Cowboy" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"). :agreed:

Digital Black

Reaction score
Drew said:
*resisting urge to make political comment*

;)

Yeah, but the fact HC's also largely unmoderated also contributes to the fact things tend to get way out of hand there quickly. There'll be idiots everywhere, but there'll be more idiots in places that don't try to turn them away, you know?

-D
It was easy to verbally wrangle people there when they get in your shit, considering most were 15 years old...

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
No Soul said:

NO NO NO NO NO :nono:

How many Times must I tell you guys this

We LIKE the White Stripes for the excellent Drumming :fawk:

/sarcasm off

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I'd also like to point out there's a difference between country (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, et al) and pop with pedal steel (country top 40, crap like "Save a horse, ride a Cowboy" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"). :agreed:

+1

:agreed:

Shania Twain dressed like Catwoman skateboarding down a CGI city street with what looks like Gotham in the background is not country.

Much like "Mama Said" is not actually music.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha Nelson Munz style @ lawn mowing.
A junkie accused me of poor customer service when I wouldn't give him free strings and I wouldn't let him play a $5000 guitar today. I feel soooo bad.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
YYZ2112 said:
I heard he has an instructional DVD coming out soon to unlock the mystery of his technique. :yesway: :cool:
make sure ur guitar is out of tune... play a shitty ass bassline on it, and in shitty noises and a whiney voice to add "soul" add it to a 4/4 beat and then declare yourself the one who brought back rock music to an entire generation.
soloing to blues is easy SRV aint no big thang or whatever he said... im suprised god hasnt sruck him down with lightning... probably because his and stevie's stomachs hurt so much from laughing WAY too hard

')