I made a new track, I need some critique!

• Thread starter eventhetrees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
So my band has finally uploaded some new tracks (more to come soon)

We're not metal but some of you might dig it!

Even the Trees (SEEKING MEMBERS!!!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Let me know what you think.

Also if you're a singer or guitarist or both from Toronto, Ontario interested check the blogs and get in touch with us ASAP

Guitarists:

GUITAR PLAYERS! - Even the Trees (SEEKING MEMBERS!!!!)'s MySpace Blog |

Singers:

SINGERS/VOCALISTS [WE NEED ONE!] - Even the Trees (SEEKING MEMBERS!!!!)'s MySpace Blog |

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
well i really like it.

if i could critique the overall track lacks clarity, it feels a bit "squeeched"/ compressed. I get the same result too when i record and it is just something to work on.

if you look in the recording studio there are tutorial on how to avoid this. with that said.

i like the synth, it give another dimension to just axe / bass/ axe / drums.

i like the drum beat, pretty cool

i could not hear the bass, but i will ignore it

the guitar felt too muddy, good riff, but needs more clarity. i think i feel the song is compressed mostly because of the guitar.

But again, i like it, great little piece of music, read those tutorials and keep going!!

EDIT : you need your recordings to be in the RECORDING STUDIO section of the forum

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Yeah the guitars I did the best I could, they were pretty muddy to begin with so I think it's about as best as I can get it for now, my new tones are better.

I'll check out those threads.

and by the way, there's no synth, that was all guitar ;)

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Yeah the guitars I did the best I could, they were pretty muddy to begin with so I think it's about as best as I can get it for now, my new tones are better.

I'll check out those threads.

and by the way, there's no synth, that was all guitar ;)

i like that tone you got on that guitar then. to give you an idea i get the same sound with my boss BR-600 / cube 20X and a start of the range microphone put in front.

plus of course you need to be sure that there is no other noise there!!!!

it takes just practise and i am practising on playing more than on recording!!!:lol:

JTL

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
man that was fucking nice. great riffage im digging the guitar rythms. im listening on a laptop n the overall recording sounded nice. well see how it sounds on my surround sound in the morning :)

great work!

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
The track is cool, and overall sounds good, but it definitely seems to be missing some lower-end frequencies. Once you get that sorted out, it will kick some serious ass.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
The track is cool, and overall sounds good, but it definitely seems to be missing some lower-end frequencies. Once you get that sorted out, it will kick some serious ass.

Yeah the lower end stuff is the hardest to tighten up for me, as well as mentioned that bass tone is shit haha. I got my bassists Marcus Miller Jazz Bass here now to make some nice bass tracks :)

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
If it wasn't clipping/distorting and the guitars were a little more tamed, I think the sound would be pretty bad ass. Also, the drums/bass are mostly drowned out... besides that I definitely dig the music. :yesway:

I'd suggest asking some of the experts over on the Andy Sneap forum for tips on that type of stuff if thats what you were wanting comments on.

edit: ignore the first part of that, I was referring to the myspace page. the soundclick sounds waaaay better, lol

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
If it wasn't clipping/distorting and the guitars were a little more tamed, I think the sound would be pretty bad ass. Also, the drums/bass are mostly drowned out... besides that I definitely dig the music. :yesway:

I'd suggest asking some of the experts over on the Andy Sneap forum for tips on that type of stuff if thats what you were wanting comments on.

edit: ignore the first part of that, I was referring to the myspace page. the soundclick sounds waaaay better, lol

Listen to our purevolume Even the Trees on PureVolume.com

For a less butchered version of the songs haha. Myspace rapes the quality.

Still tweaking the songs but I needed to post them as is so I know what needs improvement. Nothing is distorted or clipping the mix too btw..

Reaction score
The only real critiquing I can give is in the mix, which I'm sure is out of your hands budget wise. I really like the track. Great feel.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
The only real critiquing I can give is in the mix, which I'm sure is out of your hands budget wise. I really like the track. Great feel.

I'm making the best of what I can do with a Pod and Programmed drums haha. I'm trying a lot of new things mixing wise. I just wanted to have something posted. The tones I have to work with have lots of potential. Just lots of Over EQ'ing in the wrong areas for some places. I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks, glad you dig it.

Latest posts

')