I need a body

• Thread starter dropA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dropA

Reaction score
so im building my first guitar, much more important, a 7 string LEFTY.i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a place where i could buy a body. if possible a good place for other parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RGGR

Reaction score
so im building my first guitar, much more important, a 7 string LEFTY.i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a place where i could buy a body. if possible a good place for other parts.

You're building a 7 string, or are you planning to assemble one from bought parts. Or are you planning to buy a body and build the neck?

Pointing you in the right direction is: Sign-up on to projectguitar.com and spend hours reading the tutorials.....and state you project to the community and have them comment and point you in the right direction. (Worked for me, so should work for you!!)

Also smart to get Martin Koch's or Melvyn Hiscock book: Make Your Own Electric Guitar. Both excellent reads.

For Lefties parts are some what harder to come by. But what guitar are you planning on creating? What kinda hardware......then it's much easier to point you in the right direction.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Chris Woods might have a Lefty RG body in stock in his store.

RGGR

Reaction score
I think Chris Woods might have a Lefty RG body in stock in his store.
Under the assumption he wants a RG-type body. :fawk:

DagMX

Reaction score
For a lefty, depending on the shape you'll be okay with you could possibly just modify a righty or ask warmoth if they can do a lefty.

for parts, I assume the only real lefty part is a tremolo and you can get them off guitarpartsdepot.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Or see if you can snag a Lo Pro Edge from a K7 or something.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY WANT PAULY'S FELINE LEFTY!!

Seriously, he never seems to be able to sell the thing, and it's fucking gorgeous. Someone find that damn link, or link him this thread. :lol:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Have you concidered ordering a Carvin neck and simply adding body sides?

')