I need a mockup to try to cure me of my GAS...Help?

• Thread starter PirateMetalTroy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Here's my version of it:

RGA7Loomis-1.jpg

That's gorgeous, nice work.

It's too bad that the RG1527M doesn't have the reverse headstock :noplease:. But that is about as close to an Ibanez Loomis as you can get, with the addition of a quilt top.

I think it'd look alright with a replacement body. Probably easier to get a 1527 neck, and just make/buy all the rest of the parts...

Elysian can make the body for you. His prices and build time are very reasonable too (I won't share his quote, that is a no-no :noplease:).

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
$1200 guitar, plus replacement body (no dice on the basswood) and the addition of emg's, and black neck binding....expensive project.

I might try pricing it out in parts...not that I can afford it anyways.

Reaction score
Maybe get a 7620 or 7420 and just add a Veneer(to stain) to the body and put a new board on the neck. Would probably end up being cheaper than the White 1527? New fretboard can't be but a few hundred bucks.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Check out ET guitars, they'll do you a neck and/or body to your specs. Workmanship and prices are pretty good too... only trick would be getting hold of the trem, and I'd rather have the OFR anyways (which they will route for)!

')