I need a new bedroom practice amp!

• Thread starter AzzMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AzzMan

Reaction score
My Peavey Vypyr 15 took a dump, I used to have a Line6 Spider III which was a huge POS. I'm looking to spend less than $100 on a used practice amp. 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, I don't care. I just need something that isn't 100dB of Orange tube tone. I've got expensive gear for that already.

What good stuff is out there that I might not be aware of?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Roland Cube or Orange Micro Terror (Tube head and cab goes for $150 new, could easily get it for $100 used.)

mniel8195

Reaction score
you may be able to find a used blackstar ht-5 or ht-1 for around that price...hard to say...i think the ht-5 sounds awesome when boosted with a maxon 808

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
sort of a random suggestion... I've always wanted to try the Randall V2XM 30w SS combos, they come with a 3 band graphic EQ too lol. They even had a Michael Amott Ninja signature version lol! I've seen them on GC's used site for around 100.

Otherwise you can't go wrong with the Microcube / Vypyr.

nangillala

Reaction score
One more vote for the Blackstar amp if you can find a used one for a good price. Cool little thing.
On the other hand: What about VSTs? If you already have an interface etc. its for free.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
One more vote for the Blackstar amp if you can find a used one for a good price. Cool little thing.
On the other hand: What about VSTs? If you already have an interface etc. its for free.

Big +1 to that. You can get some good tones with good VSTs and impulses. :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Peavey rage. Best $40!

')