I need advice on a trade!!!!!!

brodjentle

Reaction score
Hey guys this guy offered me a line 6 pod pro and rc-50 loopstation pedal and partial cash trade for my mesa boogie dc-5 combo. I was gonna ask for around 450 bucks and the other items for that what do you guys think?

Regarding the pod pro is it easy to use? I've never used anything like it before and i want to do more recording on my computer and it seems practical for what i want to do but idk. :scratch:

As for the loop station hows it to use? and is it a good pedal?

Need your opinions please!

Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The PODs are capable of FANTASTIC tones, but it'll take a good amount of time to tweak, and remember, for recording your amps, effects, and software mean nothing unless you're monitoring them properly. The POD is plenty easy to use, just understand it's not like tweaking a physical set-up. You're going to spend a fair share of time going back and forth between menus and saving settings. There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's really not too bad once you get the hang of it.

As for the RC-50, it's a great looper. Certainly one of the better ones out there now that the Boomerang is gone. If you get that gear, plus $450 in cash (if you're going to be recording, I implore you to invest that cash into some nice monitors), I'd say you'd be making out well on the deal.

Though, I've seen DC-5 combos go for as little as $400 so I wouldn't be surprised if whoever you're looking to deal with might haggle the cash down a bit. He is giving you close to $1000 (when new) worth of gear.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
new prices don't mean a thing when you're dealing in new instruments - current resale value is all that matters.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
new prices don't mean a thing when you're dealing in new instruments - current resale value is all that matters.

You're right.

Even used it comes to around $500 worth of gear, close to what DC series amps tend to go for on their own.

brodjentle

Reaction score
Thanks guys and yeah I'll just have to see what he says and I'll leave him room to haggle me down a bit. The pod would be really nice especially cuz I'll be heading to college this year and a pod would be great in the dorm.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Is it an original POD Pro? or an XT Pro?

Can you still put model packs on the original?

FYI, you should do some quick research.

brodjentle

Reaction score
im pretty sure its the pod pro original is that an ok one? and he also has the 4 channel fb-4 footswitch so yeah. i might just do the pod and the cash

')