I need help with buzzing

• Thread starter macgarnacle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to be some recording this weekend and I thought that my guitar was set up pretty well. In the last few days I am noticing that my low B string is buzzing. I don't have time or cash this week to get this beast a proper setup so I am wondering if anyone has any tips or can offer me a link to a decent guide on doing my own setup so that I can get rid of this buzz. It really sounds like it is coming from the saddle on the bridge and I have no clue how to sort this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Can you link up a picture of the guitar please, this way I can see which type of bridge you have etc...

Reaction score
Can you link up a picture of the guitar please, this way I can see which type of bridge you have etc...

I don't have a picture of MY guitar but I have a picture of the model in question.

soe7-1.jpg

Thanks.

EDIT: Here is a bigger picture I found on Google image. (I believe it is someone from this boards picture, thanks.) http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3034/photo0101zr5.jpg

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Ok its a tunomatic type bridge...

Inspecting it would be of course better.... But....

Maybe the saddle on the bridge is loose?

Or maybe the contact from the string to saddle is not good enough, maybe the saddle is not as new anymore and has a flat spot which can lead to a buzz....

An other solution... Did you change to a bigger string guage?
Sometimes the groove on the saddle which helds the string in place must be filed to accomodate the thicker guage...

This can also be a cause of the buzz...

I recommend you dont try anything and bring it for inspection...

Which I could fly over to help you :ugh:

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. I did change string gauges recently, and that sounds like it might be the culprit. I guess I am gonna see if I can get it looked at today. Thanks again.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. I did change string gauges recently, and that sounds like it might be the culprit. I guess I am gonna see if I can get it looked at today. Thanks again.

NP, and yes, better spend a little cash on having a minor problem fixed then to attempt repairing it and messing it up which can then coast much more....

')