I need help with my Boss RC-3!!!!!!!!!!

StickTight

Reaction score
i bought a Boss Rc-3 so i can use samples and bass drops live. but with reading the manual i cant figure out how to set it up so i hit the pedal and a ridiculous 808 comes out. Any help would be ideal. I'm also thinking about getting an additional foot switch so i can cycle up and down through different samples and 808's

again any help would be greatly appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
You've bought a looper, which allows you to record long phrases and to have them play continuously from beginning to end, and then to start over again in an endless loop.

Your looper also allows you to have up to 99 such loops, memory permitting. You would be able to move up and down among the loops sequentially, based on the order in which they are stored.

Your looper will *not* allow you to have a variety of samples and small bits ready to go which are triggered when you press different buttons/pedals. That is a sampler.

I don't know about particular samplers for this kind of thing, so you should probably go to a forum or website more dedicated to this kind of thing than one devoted to extended range guitars.

Good luck!

StickTight

Reaction score
thats strange because i know i can load wave files directly onto the pedal via usb. i have a few friends that have the older rc2 and use it for bass drops and i've also seen big touring bands use the rc2 to play samples during their sets. and i know that using the fs6 footswitch you can go up and down

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
You've bought a looper, which allows you to record long phrases and to have them play continuously from beginning to end, and then to start over again in an endless loop.

Your looper also allows you to have up to 99 such loops, memory permitting. You would be able to move up and down among the loops sequentially, based on the order in which they are stored.

Your looper will *not* allow you to have a variety of samples and small bits ready to go which are triggered when you press different buttons/pedals. That is a sampler.

I don't know about particular samplers for this kind of thing, so you should probably go to a forum or website more dedicated to this kind of thing than one devoted to extended range guitars.

Good luck!

Both the RC3 and any of the Digitech Jam Man pedals can be used to trigger samples. It could have been done with the RC2, but it would have been cumbersome to record them into the device. With the addition of USB, you just need to load them from your computer.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I use an RC-20xl and all I did was save the samples onto each phrase and flick up and down through them with an FS6 clone pedal, with one bank spare for live looping. I don't know if RC3's are that simple but that's all it took for mine!

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I don't know about particular samplers for this kind of thing

Roland SPD-S. Dogs bollocks for easy sampling live, our drummer has one in my current band, drummer in old band had one too, couldn't do without it!

StickTight

Reaction score
I figured out how to set it up with uploading wav files to the unit itself and then setting it up to play once when you hit the pedal. now all i have to figure out is how to setup the fs6 to go up and down. but that shouldn't be too hard.

')