I need help!

• Thread starter Venom Spitter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Agile septor 727. I play metal such as Decrepit Birth, AOAA, Cattle decapitation, and The Black Dahlia Murder. I also play in G#. I need some new pickups. What should I get for my type of music. And no EMG's please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
What kind of music you play doens't really help. What kind of TONE are you looking for?

also what amp do you use, and string gauge/brand?

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
Also depends on how much you're willing to spend. The best thing you can probably get would be some bare knuckle war pigs in my opinion. But those are pricey. If you want some midpriced stuff, dimarzio's are the way to go. Planning to get Dactivators for my Rg7420

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
My 727 has Blackouts and it sounds fuckin awesome. From what I hear they just drop right in, mine came this way so I'm not 100% on that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd probably go for a set of Dimarzio D-Activators. I really dig Cattle Decap, Decrepit Birth, and on occasion BDM, and my D-Activator equipped UV777 handles those tones amazingly well.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
What are the specs of your Septor? Mahogany body maple neck? Or basswood? Maple or ebony fingerboard? This is important to know. I believe its mahogany/maple so I'll make recommendations on that assumption:

DiMarzio: The D-Activators definitely would work, as would the Crunch Lab or Evolution.

Bare Knuckle: The ceramic Warpigs sound epic in neck-thru maple 7s. Huge, thick, tight, and as brutal as anything on the market. Perfect for death/tech death type stuff. Another good choice if you wanted something a little more on the scooped side would be the Miracle Man set. Very hot and tight, but a little brighter and crisp than the WP which is a little darker.

Duncan: Blackouts would work, though I prefer them in all mahogany guitars personally. The Full Shred or Custom would be good choices here as well.

Personally I feel the BKPS are the best way to go by a wide margin. Understanding thats not in everyone's budget however, my 2nd choice would be the DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge and DiMarzio Liquifire in the neck. The Evolution has a super tight response and that gnarly midrange snarl thats so prevalent in stuff like Black Dahlia Murder tunes.

')