i need help...

• Thread starter SlowTopic539
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SlowTopic539

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
... also, drop processed food, soda drinks, salty processed snacks...

... Get some forest baths and nature walks. Get good quality YOU time there.
lmao my house has like a whole ass forest around it. and it's on a hill. so if i try to go on a walk i will probably get eaten by a bear or some shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't do that in bear or other predator area... even less alone... unless you have beyond great survival skills...

SlowTopic539

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't do that in bear or other predator area... even less alone... unless you have beyond great survival skills...
yeah no. i haven't and would never. we hear some weird ass animals at night. don't wanna take my chances. like, one time a whole gang of turkeys just somehow turned up in my backyard one day. a few weeks before thanksgiving.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
so i literally can't sleep at all. i sleep so little. i tried melatonin and it didn't work. i need to sleep more because school starts in a week so i need to get on a schedule. what are some of y'all's tips for better sleeping?
Try Ashwaganda. It has anxiolytic effects and helps with falling asleep.

Also make sure wherever you're sleeping is dark, cool and quiet.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chronic insomniac here.

Other than a medical reason, I think the most common contributor will always be an overactive mind. Whether it's stress or whatever, it's something "keeping" the mind active rather than giving it the green light to rest.

It's actually gotten harder for me with age but a couple things that have worked for me.

1.) having goals that allow me to end the day feeling "accomplished" and being able to focus on what I did rather than what I need to do.

2.) this dovetails with #1, but having a routine. Sometimes I sleep thinking about an actual thing I did that day (ie: fixing something on my car) or in the absence of somethin significant like that, the "accomplishment" of having my errands/tasks completed. The animals are fed, the doors are locked, the lights around the house are off, etc etc.

3.) Something boring but relaxing to think about. My most common activity in bed (get your mind out of the gutter) is thinking, and I do a lot of helpful thinking/problem solving laying in bed yeah, but it's an infinitely deep rabbit hole trying to solve all your current and future problems in your mind. I'll sometimes pick a menial task and focus on that. This is sort of the "counting sheep" thing but instead it's an actual task you're interacting with.

For a long time I used to think about restoring an old car, and I'd think about sanding and painting the body of it. Painting in long sweeping strokes, sanding in long strokes sitting comfortably on a soft stool. Something with no urgency, no stress. The goal being tricking the "active thinking and problem solving" part of the brain into going into autopilot.

')